Sign in to follow this  
Bigmor

iDrive Firmware upgrade

Today I had my firmware upgrade on my 2009 BMW 135I to be like a NZ new model and replace the japan software that it had on it. Everything went fine and I got radio + Navigation through a place in town which does work for our local BMW franchisee. However, on driving away the sound quality was really poor (No bass and really quiet) and the radio reception was really poor....my gut feeling from putting in older style radios in older style cars, was cables were in backwards or similar, but the electrician assured me that could happen with this.

He is getting some software/computer to do some testing on Monday...but really interested to know what your thoughts are on this and what may have caused it?

Today I had my firmware upgrade on my 2009 BMW 135I to be like a NZ new model and replace the japan software that it had on it. Everything went fine and I got radio + Navigation through a place in town which does work for our local BMW franchisee. However, on driving away the sound quality was really poor (No bass and really quiet) and the radio reception was really poor....my gut feeling from putting in older style radios in older style cars, was cables were in backwards or similar, but the electrician assured me that could happen with this.

He is getting some software/computer to do some testing on Monday...but really interested to know what your thoughts are on this and what may have caused it?

I guess you have CIC equipped car, the JAPAN CIC radio tuner hardware is different to European model, the normal software conversion will result poor radio reception. We do have solution to fix it. For sound quility issue, it maybe caused by wrong coding

Hi there,

I am based in Wellington, can you fix remotely and what is the cost? It sounds like both has happened to my car...I don't have any bass in car and seems like the speaker in the back...from what I have read, the speakers under the seat aren't making sound now.

Cheers,

Hi there,

I am based in Wellington, can you fix remotely and what is the cost? It sounds like both has happened to my car...I don't have any bass in car and seems like the speaker in the back...from what I have read, the speakers under the seat aren't making sound now.

Cheers,

yes, we can fix it for you. contact us via phone to schedule a time. we also need some more info about your car and current spec