Sign in to follow this  
jaimzthedrummer

Pukekohe track day 25th October

Hi guys,

I'm taking the M3 to a track day session at Pukekohe next Saturday 25th. It'll be my second time at Puke and the first outing for my track day tyres! .

I'd be very happy to see any bimmersport peeps there. They allow passengers (who bring a helmet) so if you're keen enough you can ride shotgun.

My mate will also be bringing along his 635csi to blow out cobwebs following 6 years kept up in a shipping container.

Should be a fun day!

James

It's just a Pukekohe track open day. They run them every few weekends. $110 and a helmet (I don't think they even require a racing suit) and the track is yours.

I guess I probably could've put it forward as a Bimmersport meet, but a) this part of the forum tends to be pretty quiet so I'm not sure how many are keen trackers, and b ) I'm pretty new and haven't organised anything before!

And c) it's only a week's notice.

James

Edited by jaimzthedrummer

It's just a Pukekohe track open day. They run them every few weekends. $110 and a helmet (I don't think they even require a racing suit) and the track is yours. I guess I probably could've put it forward as a Bimmersport meet, but a) this part of the forum tends to be pretty quiet so I'm not sure how many are keen trackers, and b ) I'm pretty new and haven't organised anything before! And c) it's only a week's notice. James

Hey James,

Summer's around the corner and I'll be keen to get on the track again , but I won't be doing puke :S....just no tolerance for learning imo

Will be doing Hampton downs / Taupo etc - will let you know

Rubbish. ;) I "learned" on the old Puke... you just need to make sure you don't have a 4/5/600 HP monster Suresh! :P

LOL :D

Old puke was fun!!, did a puke session last year and after seeing 3 cars crash that day.... :blink:

Edited by mod335

^ it's all about the brakes.

And what's above the shoulders in a cavity behind the eyes :D

• Like 3

Sounds good Suresh! It's gonna be a great summer.

I'm extra careful around Puke. I have little ego when it comes to this sort of thing, so have no problems with staying at a safe speed.

And no stopwatch!

• Like 1

I've done Puke 3 times in the Ti and really enjoyed it and HD & Taupo

puke is great , a bit more of buzz than the other tracks .

just pick the right driving line..

we often do these open testing days , lots of fun

Open Days at Puke can be very interesting, mainly due to the other drivers that turn up (granted it has been a while).

Open Days at Puke can be very interesting, mainly due to the other drivers that turn up (granted it has been a while).

You mean like the guy who rocks up in a manual V8 VT commodore and thinks he'll blitz everyone on the back straight, pulls into someone elses path to do so, and THEN realises the standard ratios are all wrong and gets passed by a guy caning around in an 1800 Pulsar hatch??? :lol:

Man, that was funny ALL day! :lol:

Last time I was there was when a VT Commodore was under warranty though...

^^yeah that type of thing.

My first ever lap there (old circuit) on the back straight I had two V8s try to pass me going into the braking zone, one inside one outside. Only one of us made it round the hairpin, the others went into the sand in big circles.

• Like 1

Puke's not for girls, that's for sure.

Us girls can do a great job at Puke thanks. Perhaps you mean that Puke isn't for the light hearted. It's great fun though! Almost one of my favourite tracks.
  • Like 4

Us girls can do a great job at Puke thanks. Perhaps you mean that Puke isn't for the light hearted. It's great fun though! Almost one of my favourite tracks.

Haha. I love you Raerae