Sign in to follow this  
B.M.W Ltd

Editing my posts

Why can't I edit my own posts that I have made ? Is this another hick up with the change over ??

Could be. Jamez is sorting out some set up issues with the new server, might cure this as well.

Why can't I edit my own posts that I have made ? Is this another hick up with the change over ??

Glenn, I was able to edit my post last night incl adding an image, no problem. Cheers John

It's my sponsorship account John. It won't let me like a post either which I've asked about sometime ago and it continues unchanged

Now it's working.... but I still can't like anyones posts. That still doesn't work. Says I've used up my daily limit, even though I haven't been able to like a post for god knows how long

Edited by B.M.W Ltd

Hey look at that, it worked!

Now, those email notifications...

• Like 1

WTF.... now I've got this ??

There was a problem storing your reputation vote.

• Like 1

And while we're at it.... why has my sponsorship opening post in maintenance which was posted and pinned by Ollie been removed ?

Edited by B.M.W Ltd

And the search isn't <ahem> quite as effective as it might be.

Lol

But I'm certainly not complaining, I promise. I've upgraded forums in the past. It can be 'interesting'.

And while we're at it.... why has my sponsorship opening post in maintenance which was posted and pinned by Ollie been removed ?

Have no idea, must have been deleted along the way somewhere. Couldn't find anything searching either.

Have created another, see what you think and edit it as you see fit.

And the search isn't <ahem> quite as effective as it might be.

Lol

But I'm certainly not complaining, I promise. I've upgraded forums in the past. It can be 'interesting'.

Aren't they all sh*t? I just search by site with Goggle rather than testing the limits of forum searches.

Who is meant to be looking after the site maintenance now Tony. There seems alot is not working to well and Admin seems to be struggling without the support of the owners. Has there been a change in ownership ?

Ollie and Andy still own the website. They dont really frequent the site anymore and are pretty busy running their own respective businesses. There are a bunch of us volenteers still left kind of keeping the wheels going. James and myself only visit the site every now and again. I will get back on at some point but have a bunch of other things going on at the moment so my foot has slipped off the pedal for the past few months. Probably why there hasnt been a lot of action to fix things as im not chasing things up any more.

My suggestion as a paying sponsor as have a go at Ollie about it as it isnt good enough from your perspective.

have sent many a message to the owners over the years, never even a response let alone any action. All businesses no matter intangible or retail in any industry wither away without the involvement of the owners. There are plenty here that would be keen to take over (myself included) and put some investment in, bringing it back to its former glory i was lucky enough to once see.

• Like 2

Sounds like a viable idea Andy. It's natural that the owners have found other things to occupy their time, more so when they have their businesses to run. The efforts of all the moderators and professional contributors (of which there are an impressive number given the reasonably small active membership) are highly appreciated. Would be effing fantastic to see the forum return to it's roots of being a knowledge base as opposed to the dribble being vomited up over on Fartbook :) I mean, you'd hardly go to a pizza shop when wanting an explanation on the finer points of ancient Roman architecture, would you?

James is gonna have a look today and some of these problems.

The like problem Glenn, I have had a crack at it and not had much luck myself. Again, I have only had limited time to look at it because of house renovations going on. In a week or so I will have a lot more time for bimmersport and cars again.

I changed the like permissions of Sponsors and Race Comp groups to the same as general members. It was set at 0.

Dont know about the 'There was a problem storing your reputation vote'

Is it still doing it?

Posts that have been "liked" have the names of those who "liked" it listed now - I had never seen them before, until a couple of days ago.

Yeah, changed that too. But they're just general settings, the other bugs are um, other stuff.

Posts that have been "liked" have the names of those who "liked" it listed now - I had never seen them before, until a couple of days ago.

+ noticed that today too

I see the email notifications have been fixed - my inbox just flooded with 30-odd emails from the forum :D

Nice work gents!

• Like 1

If I sign in under my sponsorship account, sign out, it won't let me sign in under *Glenn* it keeps reverting back to B.M.W Ltd or vice versa, and I have to close it down and reopen before it will even allow me to even post