Sign in to follow this  
pw95

M30B35 or M20B27 help!

Hey guys and gals,

I have a E30 with a m20b27 but im thinking of getting a m30b35 to put in. i just want to know what would be better "power wise" to go for a fully rebuilt m30b35 or just fully rebuild the m20b27. im also looking to turbo in it so i want to know what would be the best engine to go with out of the two ?? and what kind of horsepower id be looking at once ive boosted the two ??

Cheers

this question gets asked over and over again.

Step 1: Search

You will find that all similar questions have the same answer, i.e you need to decide how much $$$ you want to spent, how much power you want and what kind of reliability you want eg. cheap 1 bar setup might work ok on the street but will not server long time on the track. Also what helps is if you indicate how much work can you do yourself and how mechanically inclined are you. Have you ever rebuilt an engine ? did non-stock engine swap ? do you have tools for the job and maybe a workshop ?

• Like 1

oh ok. i want something with tons of power but better reliability. im not planning on taking it to the track, just something to have some fun with on the streets. i'll do all the work myself, everything my car has has been done by me i have all the tools, so the only big issue is money, but ill just have to save :)

"tons of power" is such a vague description, its essentially useless for the purposes of this discussion. Also it has been prooven that e30 with huge HP (600+) is almost useless due to lack of traction

also you still did not specified what sum you have in mind. For some 3k is big money, for some 15k is small. Money will largely dictate which route you should go in terms of engine and other mods.

My advice is research further. I recommend e30tech.com - plenty of build projects there, also search "KA motors e30 turbo build" on r3vlimited