Sign in to follow this  
jeffbebe

Cheap painter...

This is my old 5 series my mate painted. Did the bonnet and front bumper and all I gave him was the fuel cap lid

post-2466-0-83167400-1418800321.jpg

Edited by FrancoisPV

I used Auckland Panel and Paint out in Onehunga via my insurance company when my girlfriend ripped the bumper off my E39. I'm not a bodywork or paint expert but they did a good job from what I would see, very through and then did a walk around at the end of the vehicle for me. They also stored the car for me as I was out of the country and couldn't pick up when it was finished.

Currently I've got an annoying paint chip on the boot of the Merc, they estimated about $300 to repaint the boot lid, I don't know if that's cheap or not.

What I would say is that a car like your E31, just get it done properly. I'd rather a bit of extra cash up front than know it's not really how you want it.

Richard @ Bruce Thompson Motorbodies (he is the owner, must have changed hands at some point and didnt bother to update the name)

Round here in Seaview

You can mention I sent you if you want, Andy from IT Recycla.

Yeah that would be epic - thanks Andy. Will be in the first few months of 2015 just need to speak to someone in the know before I go order off the net left, right and centre

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk