Sign in to follow this  
Fesrghus

Inaugural Bimmerfest

Announcing the Inaugural Bimmerfest Weekend 15/16 November 2014.

The Kiwi 8’er Group in conjunction with the BMW Car Club of New Zealand announce the following events for the weekend of the 15th and 16th of November. As this is the 25th Anniversary Year for the E31 (8 Series) this model will be the focus of our meeting.

Saturday 15th

Playday on Track Twilight meeting at Hampton Downs Motorsport Park… We are hoping to get up to three groups with a maximum size of 20 cars per group.

1) BMW Race Cars

2) BMW 8 Series

3) BMW Road Cars (all other models)

This is a chance to put your car on the track in a non-competitive but fun way and also to provide some pictorial opportunities for the Bimmerfest.

We will be on track from 4.30pm to 7.30pm.

Cost will be $75 per car.

HOW TO ENTER THIS EVENT

To secure a place at this event please make payment as detailed below.

Pay by direct credit to PLAYDAY, 03-0698-0485598-00 giving your name as the reference or if you don’t have internet banking deposit the money at any Westpac and use your cellphone number as the reference. Please drop Playday a quick email once you have made the payment to ensure they can match the payment correctly.

playday@playdayontrack.co.nz

Playday will email you as soon as your payment appears in their account, to confirm your place at the event.

Please DO NOT phone or text the confirmation of your payment.

About 4 to 5 days before the event Playday will send an email to everybody who has paid, with details of the time to be at the Track etc.

As the BMW Car Club or no other BMW affiliated business would not sponsor this event the Playday organizers have opened the day to all comers so I would urge you to get in straight away if you want to be part of it otherwise you will miss out !

Following the event there will be a prizegiving and BBQ sponsored by the BMW Car Club and Jerry Clayton BMW at the track…

Sunday 16th

A BMW Car meeting and day trip down some interesting by roads to the Cheese Factory Cafe at Waharoa in the Waikato for lunch and then a return journey to Auckland and of course for those of you journeying from afar a trip home…

This is a no cost event except for your time and petrol, and lunch.

We will meet at the Countdown Carpark in the South East Corner by McDonalds at 9.30 for a 10 am start and a route map will be provided to each car. It is hoped that the 8 Series will lead the procession of cars and we will be stopping along the route for photo opportunities and a chance to swap passengers etc…

For those returning to Auckland it might be an idea to bring swim wear as we could call into the Miranda Hotsprings and then have an early fish dinner at the Kaiaua Fish and Chip Shop.

Please let us know if you will be attending this event by emailing Alan Ferguson ( fearghus@xtra.co.nz ) with the number attending and the expected vehicle… This will help with catering at the Cafe…

Please pass on this message to any friends or acquaintances you know who are BMW owners just in case they are not on my list…

Thanks

Alan Ferguson

Organizer

PS if you want to be included in the Kiwi 8’er Group on Facebook please send your Facebook name also, or comment here that you do and I will add you...

So to clarify, this event is open to Bimmersporters who are not member of the BMW Car Club Alan? It appears to be saying that in your message but I just wanted to check.

Great planning/ timing - on a Race Series weekend. Can't imagine many race cars...

So to clarify, this event is open to Bimmersporters who are not member of the BMW Car Club Alan? It appears to be saying that in your message but I just wanted to check.

Really? That's not how I read it, but it'd be good to get that clarified.

That'd be a shame, cause it would rule me, and I'd assume quite a number of others, out.

James

Quote: "As the BMW Car Club or no other BMW affiliated business would not sponsor this event the Playday organizers have opened the day to all comers..."

In other words, this event is not exclusive to BMW Car Club members - all are welcome to attend both days.

Just follow the instructions above to register.

• Like 1

This event is open to all BMW owners who can bring their cars down to the twilight event at Hampton Downs on Saturday 15th November and also the run on Sunday 16th, it

is not limited in any other way - this is a Bimmerfest - all are very welcome, especially those who are NOT members of the BMW Car Club.

Prizes will be awarded for top three cars in each category... votes are by all attendees.

Please promote this to your friends... and even if the registration closes we will still love to see and meet you and your cars...

While the timing isn't the best it does mean that people who normally are excluded have more than a chance....

Quote: "As the BMW Car Club or no other BMW affiliated business would not sponsor this event the Playday organizers have opened the day to all comers..."

Just putting "quote" in front of a mangled English sentence doesn't make it clear. Luckily you added another sentence without the double negatives, thanks for the clarification. :D

• Like 2

This sounds awesome but timing isn't great for us kids with exams either. Even just one week later next year I would be all over it

Booked and paid for time to kill some gearboxes

• Like 4

Booked and paid for time to kill some gearboxes

Kickass! Which monster ya planning on using? Will be amusing watching all the purists freak out when they see your whip :)

• Like 1

Kickass! Which monster ya planning on using? Will be amusing watching all the purists freak out when they see your whip :)

Might bring the old girl down for a good thrashing, ill bring the 34 as well lol

• Like 2

Come on everyone, let's get behind this. Sure, it's a shame that timing clashes with the race series but the organisers had to take what was available. The BMW Club haven't put a lot of effort in to it so it's been left to a couple of people to try and put it together and it would be a massive shame if it doesn't thrive and get another chance next year when the wrinkles can be ironed out.

Anyways, I'm booked and paid and looking forward to seeing a few 8s celebrating 25 years plus everything and anything that people care to bring along for a bit of fun.

• Like 4

Come on everyone, let's get behind this. Sure, it's a shame that timing clashes with the race series but the organisers had to take what was available. The BMW Club haven't put a lot of effort in to it so it's been left to a couple of people to try and put it together and it would be a massive shame if it doesn't thrive and get another chance next year when the wrinkles can be ironed out.

Anyways, I'm booked and paid and looking forward to seeing a few 8s celebrating 25 years plus everything and anything that people care to bring along for a bit of fun.

Its cheap to enter and chance for people to put their money where the mouths are ? lol

Either way its cheap track time

• Like 3

I can't afford the entry for the track fee (and my old hack is way too feeble) but I'll be watching intently as you lot have fun going around :)

Fingers crossed it get enough turnout to make it an annual event!

• Like 1

Unless my new shocks and universal joint turn up in time I'll be taking it pretty cautiously anyway! Just be fun to get it out there with the other 8s.

• Like 1

I'll be there in a supporting cast of sorts. I'll bring the long lens too haha maybe get some good shots.

• Like 1

Hi Guys, the Bimmerfest run on Sunday 16th will meet at around 9.30 at the Countdown Car Park, Greenlane over by the McDonalds Drive in , and depart at 10.00 am.

How many are coming will be good to know...for catering purposes..

the Menu is posted on the BMW Car Club New Zealand Facebook page...

Please email me direct on fearghus@xtra.co.nz, numbers for both events... the FREE BBQ on the 15th after the Twilight Meeting at Hampton Downs and the $30 pp lunch at Daltons Plantation on the

16th. Other menu options are available for those who don't want the glazed ham...

We have 17 entries to date so there are around 30 spare places... so please register ASAP.

It will be good to roll on up and see some unique BMW Cars both Road and Track Cars and enjoy some track time...

There will be a lot of fun to be had even if you don't have a car to put on the track... For those who are coming there will be prizes for the three best cars in each category,

Road, Race and E31...donated by Jerry Clayton BMW...

Don't get me wrong, I really do hope this is a big success. Especially as Fearghus is putting so much of his own time and effort into it. But for the clash with the racing I would be in like Flynn.
  • Like 1

Hey does anyone know if there will be shelter for the spectators? I see the forecast for Saturday afternoon includes a lot of rain :( Last time I was there was a Corvette Club day a couple years back, & I don't recall anywhere dry to watch the track aside from the pit garages.

Hoping there's something there, will be the one highlight of whats otherwise been a really shitty week!

I've texted Alan to ask so hopefully can get back to you soon.

UPDATE: Pit lane garages will be open if shelter is needed.

Edited by jeffbebe
  • Like 1