Sign in to follow this  
Fesrghus

Inaugural Bimmerfest

Ill be first up,

Thank you Alan & Co for today despite the adverse conditions the event went off well can only pick up pace for the next one, and got to meet some very nice people well done guys

• Like 1

I'll second that. Despite some of the heaviest rain I've seen in at least a week it was fun, even though I was only watching. Saw some cool machinery (that Alpina is hawt!) put some faces to names and got drenched. Great day out, hopefully my junker will be ready for the next one :)

• Like 3

A few pics from today... What a great event!! Pity about the rain but it made the track time a bit more interesting (especially for the egg who span his 850 twice during the familiarisation laps then took it out with the race cars and promptly crashed... Waste of a decent 850, but at least there'll be a csi kit up for grabs when it gets written off and parted out!). There were twelve 8s but only 10 made the grid after one of the CSIs burst an AHK seal in the wet and the 850 hit the wall.

15608414520_2f40d3fd46_z.jpg

15607427109_6bd5bb4de9_z.jpg

15607428769_0dab37e66f_z.jpg

15793248805_9dca6454f5_z.jpg

15608090847_7611871726_z.jpg

15793254925_4600dbe1b6_z.jpg

15794825102_b729f4ee65_z.jpg

Apologies... I missed most of the non-8 cars of which there were plenty!!

• Like 2

Ill be first up,

Thank you Alan & Co for today despite the adverse conditions the event went off well can only pick up pace for the next one, and got to meet some very nice people well done guys

Sorry, didn't get to chat Steve but I couldn't help but notice your car. It sounds insane!!!

• Like 1

Did anyone manage any non 8 series photos? Lol.

'Twas my first track day with my bmw, so hoped there would be some photos of the others :)

• Like 2

Nice pics and at the end of the day the dam sun comes out !

Me old 34 throws up a ton of water sorry about that Brent :)

Edited by crunchy

Sorry, didn't get to chat Steve but I couldn't help but notice your car. It sounds insane!!!

No problem mate the day belonged to the 8 series was nice to tag along and meet some good people im sure ill meet you at some stage :)

Did anyone manage any non 8 series photos? Lol.

'Twas my first track day with my bmw, so hoped there would be some photos of the others :)

Sorry Amber, I gave my camera to someone else to take pics and they were obviously an 8er fan! Hope you enjoyed tracking your E46 though... Despite the rain!

Yeah, still great fun though but grip was definitely in issue. I definitely had a few traction issues in corner one and the long sweeper to keep me on my toes.

This muppet did not do so well... After spinning twice in the warm up laps behind the pace car he opted to head out with the race cars instead of the other 8s (lucky for us 8ers, I reckon!) and promptly crashed into the tire wall. Classic example of underestimating the car and overestimating his ability. New parts car likely to be for sale soon with full csi kit!!

15793246845_aab19a4bc0_z.jpg

• Like 2

Oh wow, not surprised something like that happened!

Nasty way to go, but such weather on a track surface with a big car and an over enthusiastic driver is only going to end one way.

(I thought it was your car for a split second!!)

Which corner did he crash?

I was on Hampton Downs in the wet last week - went nuts, hard to see how you could hit a wall really? [The spins didn't cool him off?]

Cool pics on the grid!

Which corner did he crash?

I was on Hampton Downs in the wet last week - went nuts, hard to see how you could hit a wall really? [The spins didn't cool him off?]

Cool pics on the grid!

I didn't see it but I think someone said he went off on the long sweeper before the straight... I doubt he would have slowed down any on the grass!

• Like 1

Yeah my detuned M52 struggled hahaha.

Can't watch on phone :(

I think everyone struggled a bit in the wet, Amber, don't worry about it! At least you stayed on the track... Not everyone managed that!!

I think everyone struggled a bit in the wet, Amber, don't worry about it! At least you stayed on the track... Not everyone managed that!!

The new baby will leave a few of them in the dust next time round.. And hopefully I stay on the track with that thing

And hopefully dry. I felt I didn't get to really unleash the beast that is of the Schnitzer haha

Wasn't really the day to go nuts on normal road tyres... Whatever the car.

• Like 1

Wasn't really the day to go nuts on normal road tyres... Whatever the car.

your not wrong lol

I realise the dust (or mud) is barely starting to settle after the weekend, but are there any thoughts on doing this again next year? For the Upper North Island folks Hampton Downs would be the perfect place to do it again. Skid pan for those that want to give it some hell, miles of space for a show n' shine / hardpark / whatever the kids call it these days, oh and the track :ph34r:

Only suggestion I'd make would be to hold the event more around March. Late October through mid December is notoriously changeable as far as the weather goes. Might be easier to schedule around the race series too? :) Would be freakin awesome to get the official car club involved too, I'm betting there are some gorgeous machines tucked away that would be well appreciated by the general public.

• Like 1

Going to meet up with Alan Ferguson soon for a debrief and tabling some ideas (not dissimilar to yours) for next year. Bigger, better, summerier and no major clashes.

• Like 2