Sign in to follow this  
Fesrghus

Inaugural Bimmerfest

From the messages on here it sounds like it was a success despite the best efforts of the weather - which is great news. Well done Fearghus on pulling it all together.

Plans for next year would be awesome, although I think you will find that the availability of the track is pretty scarce in the summer months - gets a bit busy with other meetings when the sun is supposed to be out. Anythings worth a try though.

• Like 1

I'd like to see it combined with some actual BMW racing.... Just putting out there. Driving on the track is great fun... Seeing people doing it properly whilst having a beer and a hot dog is also MAGIC!

^^^^ Racing/driving properly whilst having a beer - now that sounds interesting :ph34r: Hard enough to avoid carnage with everybody sober...

Think you misunderstand me... I was talking about watching the racing and having a beer. Those on the track will have to abstain.

• Like 1

Darn, Julian don't spoil it think of the fun haha!. On a serious note well done to one and all in the back ground that organized this event.

Edited by tim 325
  • Like 1

I am very capable of driving on the track and then having a beer :)

Ill be there next year, unlikely to have anything more important on!

Might just need some extra drivers to get my fleet there!

• Like 3

20 years of the E39 next year. Any other important anniversaries??

36 years of me?

Think you misunderstand me... I was talking about watching the racing and having a beer. Those on the track will have to abstain.

Went to reply last night but the post didn't happen

Was actually taking the mickie ;)

I didn't see it but I think someone said he went off on the long sweeper before the straight... I doubt he would have slowed down any on the grass!

I think it was me who told you that Jules.

The banana was a couple of cars in front of me. He got caught up in that little stream of water across the exit of the sweeper. Tried to hold the drift but the car kept rotating past the point of no return and he did (what looked like) a very slow and graceful slide off the right hand side of the track. It kicked a little to the left again and he put his front right quarter into the tyres.

I think if he'd turned into the skid instead of trying to drift it, he would've been okay. Most cars (without traction control!) were barely doing 90 km/hr around the sweeper, and he wasn't any faster than the rest.

All in all, an excellent event and I'm looking forward to the next one! Don't care if it's raining like that again... you learn a lot about your driving in those conditions.

James :-)

• Like 3

I think the focus of next years Bimmerfest event should be the E36, that will be quite a big deal as there are plenty of them out there and race cars and all. Be good to see some of the M3's battle it out and we will have to pray for fine weather...2015 is the 25th Anniversary of this model, the successor to the E30...what do others think ?

• Like 3

I think the focus of next years Bimmerfest event should be the E36, that will be quite a big deal as there are plenty of them out there and race cars and all. Be good to see some of the M3's battle it out and we will have to pray for fine weather...2015 is the 25th Anniversary of this model, the successor to the E30...what do others think ?

Yep! Keen bean

I can do that ill bring the turbo work hack

• Like 2