Sign in to follow this  
MISS BM

BMW Performance Parts NZ

They always ping for over $400... So I keep it under at all costs / hence bringing in two orders one for brakes one for mounts, and filling them up with requests from others to break on the shipping.

Flick me a message DriftIt and can sort it for you.

The one guy who was spending around $100 hasn't gotten back to me, so anybody else? Need to place the order latest tomorrow as tracking on Sunday 15th.

Has anyone tested the OEM on a track with an E46?? Keen for experience of this and not on light cars like E30/36.

I had a 1500kg car on stock brakes and We had them fail on the back straight of taupo.. So this is why Id rather go more than less.. If that makes sense? Also being an auto I can't just shift down to slow down - which can make a huge difference

Ebc have a good rep over seas but have seen them falling apart with hard use on track. And in cars much lighter than an e46. That was ebc yellow which is their rave pad.

I used ebc yellow on the e34 race car. Worked brilliant, we use ebc yellow the the e24 m6 race car and never had an issue either. I brought some in from the states while I was there for my e46. But we also used motul 660 I think which helps

Edited by beemn

See. The problem here is that I've never tracked my OWN car...

I think 4-5 would be sweet, rest for a while then go back out for another session later on.

Got to think about not pushing my car too much either as not exactly 'young' in KMs clocked on the engine.

So just a basic, have a hoot then relax, then maybe have another hoot then relax

my e46 is going to stay road registered, we only do 8 lap sprint races. the yellow stuff is a street/track pad. landed 272 for front and rear. not sure if pads are the same for 323

I used ebc yellow on the e34 race car. Worked brilliant, we use ebc yellow the the e24 m6 race car and never had an issue either. I brought some in from the states while I was there for my e46. But we also used motul 660 I think which helps

Haha they fell apart Milan. Crumbled at about 50% to go. Big chunks just fell off and left the backing plate. Same thing happened on my E30 with them. Stopping power and feel is great up to that point.

Will PM Amber-Leigh

What! Did you still have my old ones in there?! They had a crap load of heat cycles. I used to run those thing to the plate!

Maybe not then. These ones looked pretty new. Did I replace them? sh*t I can't even remember yesterday.

Ah actually I think I got some Evo ones that fit off a mate. They were also EBC yellow.

Edit again. Nope the Evo ones are still in a box next to me. Must have been your old ones Haha. sh*t they are still in there too. All falling apart.

Edited by driftit

Ferrodo DS2.11 for short sprints coe friction .85 if they dont stop you nothing will, Tried 1166 they feel apart now trying the Performance Friction Ceramics

Ferrodo DS2.11 for short sprints coe friction .85 if they dont stop you nothing will, Tried 1166 they feel apart now trying the Performance Friction Ceramics

Ds2.11 has been replaced by DSUNO

Ds2500 will be the best ferodo pad that is still road compatable. Though they will squeak alot when cold.

I would also recomend braided brake lines to improve feel.

Edited by E30 325i Rag-Top
Thread tidied up.

Lol so many opinions!

I guess everyone is going to love and Hate brakes for different reasons.

I have decided to go with the Hawk HPS all round.

And Lemforder Bushes.. Would go for the Meyle Heavy Duty but it tips the order $5NZD over that lovely $400 gst Mark.

All up for a full set of Hawks and Bushes it's around $500NZD landed so not too bad.

The hawks sound like a good choice.

Amber yoy say you last bushes failed quickly. Were they oem? If they were i wonder if thet were torqued up with the suspension hanging. Many of those bushes the center fixes in place so the car must have the weight on the wheels before torquing otherwise it over stresses the bush and tears it.

Edited by E30 325i Rag-Top
Thread tidied up.

Wow.

Interesting thread.

What Hawks were you running Jibs?

Literally about to pay for the order tonight for Hawk HPS.
The only other options are EBC, Akebono, Textar, Genuine BMW for sets
Cool Carbon, Viaco for fronts and backs separate.

unless of course I source in NZ... Different story.

I had Viaco Brand OE Bushes.. They are shot because of my road.. Hence why upgrading to better brand.

Lol @ being worried about the $400 gst thing, I always bring things in much over that and never been stung.

Ebc yellows on the e30 and they are crap on the track, fading to nothing after 3-4 laps

• Like 1

Amber yoy say you last bushes failed quickly. Were they oem? If they were i wonder if thet were torqued up with the suspension hanging. Many of those bushes the center fixes in place so the car must have the weight on the wheels before torquing otherwise it over stresses the bush and tears it.

The e46 bushes cant really be installed at the wrong angle, given the hex shape of the arm. Stick 'em in and bolt 'em up.

You've probably ordered by now but if you did proceed with these and need some positive reinforcement the absolute worst outcome is going to be brakes that are still better than stock. And if you decide they are inadequate for your track needs you can sill get a track oriented set and swap them in for track days, best of both worlds!

As besides that there are lots of positive comments about them on the interwebs.

Just finished work and motoring home to order now gaha

TBH been pretty impressed with the OEM pads

Just my only gripe is the amount of dust from them!

Stood up to track days + DD, tho brand new set only lasted less then a year :D

Was going to run Ferodos DS2500 from racebrakes here but had issues with fitments etc, had to end up buying them from overseas

Have some new brake pads which i haven't installed yet, can't remember as I had to get 2 different brands as they both didn't do rears and fronts - similar to the DS2500 compound

I ran Hawk HP+ in the 540i. Worked wonderfully for me at Puke, Hampton, Taupo and on the road. I had them in all four corners.

Cheers

Ian

Thanks guys - Love the info and opinions will keep it all in mind for the next time round.

Rang the Expert Ray, and have gone with a set he is running on his cars - so got to be good right?

Appreciate it all, and apologies for any bitch fights I may have caused in the process of checking if there were suppliers in NZ.
2 Nice big parcels on the way from the USA.. going to be Christmas next week for me.

:D

• Like 1

So what did you opt for in the finish? :)

Well I orginally had Hawk HP+ with OEM rears.

But then I realised I will only be doing 1/2 track days a year so why put a pad on which is designed for more track use on when I won't need it.

So went back to Hawk HPS as have spoken to Ray, as well as Mike who is the research guru on parts and both suggested HPS.

So went with them as seem like the most suitable for my plans :)

• Like 1

have been down that path before too. Tempting to put race stuff in, the reality is, yes it makes it better on the odd track thing, but 95% of the time it is a road car, so thats more important, and just hit the middle (or the left in your case!) a little earlier on the straights

I like the race pads i have in my car. But oh my god if they would stop squeaking id be soo happy.

Cold slow use in town people look at you with that look like you need to maintain your car better and clean your wheels.

That look goes right to the soul.

• Like 1

Pretty sure you got that advice on page 2 of this thread... ;)

Tbh, all I asked for were stockists haha.

And then opinions came at me left right and centre so I started exploring options haha

Went back to what was said anyway