Sign in to follow this  
MISS BM

BMW Performance Parts NZ

Thanks guys - Love the info and opinions will keep it all in mind for the next time round.

Rang the Expert Ray, and have gone with a set he is running on his cars - so got to be good right?

Appreciate it all, and apologies for any bitch fights I may have caused in the process of checking if there were suppliers in NZ.

2 Nice big parcels on the way from the USA.. going to be Christmas next week for me.

:D

Good choice I reckon, but I'm no expert.

This Monday I installed Hawk HPS fronts and Hawk HPS 5.0 rears and am definitely liking them so far. Very quiet with decent bite and smooth pedal feel. Just make sure you bed them properly.

Edited by Arma

Hi Amber-Leigh.

1. Brake Fluid. BNT Race Brake Fluid is under $20 for 500mls, they told me its Motul RBF600 with house brand stickers on it. It has basically the same specs. I think I paid $15 and some change recently.

2. Akebono Euro - avoid. I'm running these. Better modulation than stock, meat to the pedal, but poor initial bite. The US folks love them cos they keep their wheels clean. I'd rather have bite. I elected to not use them on my Volvo. A number of folks whose opinions I trust have recommended Hawk Performance so I'm going there next time.

3. Just buy the Meyle HD's. I think I saw them advertised on TM recently. I did Meyle HD LCA's, rear bushes, and end links. I think they are the sh*t. 25k kms later it's still tight as a drum, nice and precise. They're up-rated over stock, and you can buy and fit replacement Meyle HD ball joints in future. If you can't fin local, just pay the GST on import. (try fcpeuro.com)

Hope that helps.

Edited by Olaf
  • Like 1

Any suggestions on the best local or import site to purchase a catback from?