Sign in to follow this  
atlantiskiwi

Wow...it's quiet on here.

I realise this question is hardly in the interest of the page.... But what websites is the activity happening on?

All the munters are on facebook.

All the race guys are under the car each night. :D

• Like 10

yeah, it is rather quiet on here I reckon.

e46fanatics.com is always happening though. Bloody small population here and an even smaller amount of people owning BMW's of which a tiny subset use car forums!

you just need to post something controversial....

Post this:

Mercedes Benz.... just how much better are they than BMW really?

• Like 2

you just need to post something controversial....

Post this:

Mercedes Benz.... just how much better are they than BMW really? 

If I'm honest I've always had a soft spot for both the C32 and C55 AMG of the early 2000s! Brawny, and rather nice seats!

There is still quite an active community on bimmersport ... The people on site count has stopped working since the server move. Have get James onto it but hes been running a whole race series so runs out of time a lot.

It probably time for some get togethers to get things back on track again. The coffee meet ups are great, I would love to set up something like bimmerfest in the states. There are quite a few people around who would come. Would have to be a nice 2 day event to make it worth while.

Would need to come up with some great activities however to make it more than just a car show and shine.

Ive been wanting to do something like this for some time. I personally dont have the $$$ to pull something like this off. And up until now just havent had the time either.

Im sure if we created a committee and tasked it all out and researched costs and fesibility it would be possible. The thing that wrecks these is when every says theyre coming and then on the day tons pull out because they have something better on.

I have plenty of friends who own / run rather large event in auckland EG Beerfest etc and I know a couple of you are the same, so I reccon we have what it takes to make it happen.

• Like 2

We need some of the old boys club to get back into it.

Priorities seem to have moved from Car's and Cruising to I have to do what I am told.

• Like 5

Another thing to remember is a lot of the conversation between members doesnt happen here, though this website was the initial meeting ground for many.

To Those that knock the BMW facebook page, yeah, you might be right to a certain degree. but consider this, some people post advise and help because they are trying to help, unlike those that withhold the knowledge, and sit back and watch others try and help, and then complain its crap. You have contributed to it, whether you post or not, and you build or break an enthusiest community in doing so

But if you want a friendly place with active founders, and meets with well over 100 cars now, join Euro Car Club, also on Facebook and now with a new forum just launched. There are more BMWs at ECC meets than there ever is at a Bimmersport Meet no matter the location, let alone all the other stuff there. And no its not a young persons thing, just because its on Facebook. You vets that knock it but have never been should come along, it will be the best meet you have been to in NZ, or your money back.

Having said that, both of those sites do owe a lot to Bimmersport, without Bimmersport pulling a lot of people together in the first place, neither would have the presence they have. But I prefer to look forward than to look behind.

I guess, in summation, as with anything, you get out what you put in, both here and the facebook groups

Edited by _Ethrty-Andy_

I checked out some of those Facebook groups, they are full of drongos.

• Like 3

Yeah we have a few idiots - but what forum base doesn't.

- it's only a 900 strong member group on the FB and maybe 60 on the forum - only going to get bigger and better hopefully with some more mature adults to join in and keep the twats under control.

In saying that, the majority of those at the last meet with their mint 50k+ cars were all over the older generation. Some of those members ask for text notification or a call when the next event is up as they purely aren't on facebook or the web.

The BMW page is a sour place with a lot of people who don't know how to count to ten - can't say BS contributed anything to that, but ECC was with a lot of help from BS :)

Edited by MISS BM
  • Like 1

The calibre of people on the FB page seems to be mostly drop kicks who want everything for nothing, and a lot of "juz seein wots out ther, offerz or swops 4 sumthn slammed". However, I've recognised a few people on there from BS, stick out like sore thumbs amongst the rest! (In a good way). I find this forum to be very helpful and full of knowledge from people who are willing to share it, and pretty much an all-round friendly bunch.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

You vets that knock it but have never been should come along, it will be the best meet you have been to in NZ, or your money back.

Im not knocking it but i doubt that. Auckland has some sweet and very entertaining meets\cruises back in the heyday. I dont find predominantly show n shine type meets that interesting myself but its better than nothing no doubt.

• Like 1

, and a lot of "juz seein wots out ther, offerz or swops 4 sumthn slammed".

On the rare occasion that occurs, either me or one of the other mods delete the post. we keep a lot tighter ship than most the pages, but yes some get through the cracks. all posts must have a price, picture and location, in the same way it is asked here. Im surprised you are seeing that

Im not knocking it but i doubt that. Auckland has some sweet and very entertaining meets\cruises back in the heyday. I dont find predominantly show n shine type meets that interesting myself but its better than nothing no doubt.

Did you check photos from last time etc?

But I like cruise type ones too, like you.

Come up to the one in early December, I can probably pick you up on my way past Hamilton if you want

I have noticed that you guys keep on top of it to be fair, people are getting quick to point out the rules too. As the saying goes though, you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink!

I have noticed that you guys keep on top of it to be fair, people are getting quick to point out the rules too. As the saying goes though, you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink!

The amount of private messages of complaints of comments and posts is a bit pathetic. The BMW page is now sort of running it self to be fair - and people will just tag me in a post they think should be removed so making my life slightly easier.

There is strictly no for sale on the ECC page so we don't see those sort of comments on there.. But there are still a few idiots who like to add 'their' type of humour which isn't everyone's type.. And then when you ban people they come crying back within 48hours begging to be let back.. My Facebook is no longer family and friends posts but complaints haha

• Like 2

Might have to check out the ECC page then! I'm gonna try and head along to the meet next month, just need a couple of things for the ol' E28

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

My god does the "just seeing what's out there" posts annoy me! Dirty south page is the worst! No one wants your shitty gte auto skyline that goez hard bt nva frashed! And you're either selling it or your not! Or worse, the people who say they're looking for something, you message them and either get, keen on swops and pay you off, or, oh I havnt got any money yet, need to sell my (insert sh*t heap) first. THEN WHY DID YOU ASK!!!! f**k!!!!!!!!

Rant over

Edited by euroriffic
  • Like 2

Or keen to sell asap make an offer.

How much you after?

No idea make an offer.

* proceeds to reject every offer less than twice the items value

• Like 2

Or keen to sell asap make an offer.

How much you after?

No idea make an offer.

* proceeds to reject every offer less than twice the items value

Yup, I delete those posts. Everybody clearly knows what they want and if your scared you price it too low, price it high and work around that.

Too much common sense in posting a price for the majority of NZ it seems.... Bloody pet peeve

Well this has been informative while eating my breakfast. Overall, thanks mods, you do a great job! And I can't wait for my first ECC meet in the M3!

People giving rubbish advice is pretty hilarious too, blind leading the blind most times.

• Like 1

There is still quite an active community on bimmersport ... The people on site count has stopped working since the server move. Have get James onto it but hes been running a whole race series so runs out of time a lot.

It probably time for some get togethers to get things back on track again. The coffee meet ups are great, I would love to set up something like bimmerfest in the states. There are quite a few people around who would come. Would have to be a nice 2 day event to make it worth while.

Would need to come up with some great activities however to make it more than just a car show and shine.

Ive been wanting to do something like this for some time. I personally dont have the $$$ to pull something like this off. And up until now just havent had the time either.

Im sure if we created a committee and tasked it all out and researched costs and fesibility it would be possible. The thing that wrecks these is when every says theyre coming and then on the day tons pull out because they have something better on.

I have plenty of friends who own / run rather large event in auckland EG Beerfest etc and I know a couple of you are the same, so I reccon we have what it takes to make it happen.

Alan Ferguson has put a whole lot of his time and own money into getting a Bimmerfest event off the ground. The first one is next weekend to celebrate the 25th anniversary of the 8 series but is open to everyone with a twilight track session at HD (for only $75!!) and a cruise and lunch on the Sunday.

I've been chatting to him about it and helping where I can but I think it would make good sense to support him and build on what he's started rather than setting up a competing event.

With a proper structure we'd also be able to avoid clashes with things like the race series!

• Like 3

I miss the meets of the old days. We used to be able to get 25 Silvias with 20 mins notice just by TXT. Then that was all ruined by the new crowd that came along with D1NZ mentality. They expected everyone to be skidding around every corner. My Mrs even ran a few Mega meets where we had over 100 cars turn up each year from all over the country. Some mates and I still privately hire Taupo track each year. But we no longer invite random people as we run an open pit and we must trust the skill of everyone we invite.

For some reason I presumed the ECC meets would all be poorly lowered E class Mercs, 520i's on 24's, MK3 Golfs with roof racks and some stupid bicycle on top.

Am I wrong? Maybe I should go sometime. I didn't realise people from here helped run it.

As for Bimmerfest. Well maybe next year. Hire Taupo. Get BMW Club and Bimmersport on board.

• Like 1

As for Bimmerfest. Well maybe next year. Hire Taupo. Get BMW Club and Bimmersport on board.

Get this to happen, give everyone enough notice and I'll drag the south island crew up there for it.

• Like 1

^that is exactly what I did,

BMWCCNZ weren't interested in my invite,

however the enthusiasm here made me think i could do it for you, but ended up loosing over $3000 due to people pulling out.

Bimmersport has held about 5 track days since i have been a member here, more before that I am sure. Not a single one has broken even, let alone make a small profit to pay for the organisers time etc.

• Like 1