Sign in to follow this  
Racer Rog

E39 528 alternator repair

I have just pulled out and overhauled my alternator, and thought members might be interested in part numbers for what is unservicable

Bearing set...............62032RS, and B17-99DW8

Bosch brush set........127-014-028

Bosch slip ring ..........1124 303 007

The brush's are replaced by seperating the bruch holder from the rectifier and soldering the new brush's in and then soldering the holder back to the rectifier. care has to be taken in doing this but is no biggie The slip ring has to be done carefully as well, it has to be chipped off the stator, making sure you don't break the two wires that are fixed the the old slip ring, just cutting them off as the need to be soldered to the new slip ring, bearings are straight forward and easy to do.

So that part of the job went well, alternator tested well, new belts, repaired vanos hose leak, (had new hose made)tightened all hose I could find and cleaned engine, all good except, that now I have the ASC light on, in the dash, and don,t know how to reset? or turn off, it was working before, so just unsure as to what/ or how to fix.

Well decided just to check everything was plugged in correctly, found the plug to the the ASC throttle drive, was not all in, plugged in tight, all fixed.