Sign in to follow this  
MISS BM

'Special Insurance'

Unlimited kms if you live in Auckland as you're unlikely to ever need to drive very far ;)

Unlimited kms if you live in Auckland as you're unlikely to ever need to drive very far ;)

But everyone drives everywhere for anything in Auckland...

to get from one side of auckland to the other is like from here to palmerston north

• Like 2

My E30 Convertible 325i is with Swann, $300 P/A, full $10k

But it is your main vehicle (daily driver), so they wont be covering you anyway.

Not for Schnitzer ;)

Not for Schnitzer ;)

ya got a company car now???

ya got a company car now???

Nah another one.

TBA

Chur :)

http://www.classiccover.co.nz/

they insure your car at the value you want! and they have a super cheap special vehicle storage / restoration insurance pollicy too which im changing my car too when i go overseas.

http://www.classiccover.co.nz/

they insure your car at the value you want! and they have a super cheap special vehicle storage / restoration insurance pollicy too which im changing my car too when i go overseas.

Age a matter? Eg: under 25?? Thought it was?

Just changed to classic cover, should save me $500 p/a per car!

Classic Cover would not cover me.

I am under 25... They will only cover me for Storage cover. The motor can not be ever turned over or its void.

I went with NZI on restricted K's, and it's 1450 a year!!! My Schnitzer is 1300 a year..

For unlimited K's on the new car, it's only $100 less. Sigh.

I have a no claims record and clean license... With one speeding ticket 3 years ago. Cover shouldn't be this expensive or hard to find :(

Try state

AFAIK no age thing for Swann, i am under 25 too, unless they f**ked up the application or something, but thats on them not me

I was 23 when they insured my cars, they must have jusdged you on your dodgy looks / number plate hahahahaha :P

The only clause because iw as under 25 was my excess is $1400 instead of the normal $400

I was 23 when they insured my cars, they must have jusdged you on your dodgy looks / number plate hahahahaha :P

The only clause because iw as under 25 was my excess is $1400 instead of the normal $400

Time to ring Classic and Swann on my lunch break.

This is for a different car entirely - not the Schnitzer

Edited by MISS BM

Classic cover weren't interested!

Swann however was! $400 a year for 10,000ks.

Sounds good :D

Need some help guys, I just got turned down by ASB and State as I am disclosing about $6k worth of modifications:

- Strut bars (do these need disclosing?)

- Blisten shocks

- Alloys

- Cooling system

The exhaust and brakes are performance, but they're BMW ones and pretty sure they were an "add-on" at purchase.

As I bought the car with these mods, I don't actually have any idea what they actually cost...

AA has quoted me $117 per month with those modifications (although didn't ask about the alloys) through their online quote.

State suggested NAC and then I've just had a look at Swann.

What do you guys think?

Need some help guys, I just got turned down by ASB and State as I am disclosing about $6k worth of modifications:

- Strut bars (do these need disclosing?)

- Blisten shocks

- Alloys

- Cooling system

The exhaust and brakes are performance, but they're BMW ones and pretty sure they were an "add-on" at purchase.

As I bought the car with these mods, I don't actually have any idea what they actually cost...

AA has quoted me $117 per month with those modifications (although didn't ask about the alloys) through their online quote.

State suggested NAC and then I've just had a look at Swann.

What do you guys think?

I'd recommend Swann, get their Track Day cover also...

as far as i can tell, from your description, those "add ons" are not even add ons and dont even need to be mentioned.

(bmw msport suspension is usually bilstein? or are they not factory? it should be because your car is an msport. alloys do u mean aftermarket alloys?)

anyways, i personally use AA but have previously used NAC and would highly recommend.

also try AON they are very well priced and have a great rating

Id personally recommend club-auto. I got quoted $5300 full cover for my 500SL, and with club auto it works out just under 1k...and my 190E is 450$ for 3rd party...

as far as i can tell, from your description, those "add ons" are not even add ons and dont even need to be mentioned.

Hmm, I don't know if I want to take that chance.

The strut bars, aftermarket alloys and cooling system are certainly "modifications" take your point on the shocks, exhaust and brakes as they're M-spec/BMW performance.

This classic insurance surely wouldn't cover a car in the yr2000s mark though?

When I was in the UK, there was a concept of 'future classic'. No idea if that could apply here, but some brokers will work harder for you than others.