Sign in to follow this  
raewyn22

E30 M20B25 stuff

Hey guys and gals,

Was wanting to know if any one has the following items new, that they may have bought and not used. Or if any one can do a trade discount locally before I go looking at ECS Tuning. I can get the parts from ECS Tuning easily enough, but want to find the best possible deal for these common items.

Cylinder head bolt set (x14)

Timing belt

Tensioner, tensioner spring and bolt
Water pump and gasket

Camshaft seal

Doing engine conversion over Christmas and wanting to freshen things up while the motor is out.

Cheers

RaeRae

Rae I doubt it is worth bringing those parts in. For most engines you can get a timing belt kit which includes belt, tensioner, idlers & seals.

Just then requiring water pump & head bolts - probably Euro Italian for these

Belt kit - Repco/BNT - anyone you know up there for a trade discount?

Hey Grant,

Just shopping around to see where I can get it cheapest. I have tried Euro Italian, but they seem to be a bit more pricier than if I ordered from ECS Tuning (also taking shipping into account).

I can get trade discount via Repco, perhaps I will pop in this morning and ask what they have and for how much. Come to think of it I actually have 20% off vouchers for there from there grand re-opening on Wairau Road.

Cheers

Rae

Rae I doubt it is worth bringing those parts in. For most engines you can get a timing belt kit which includes belt, tensioner, idlers & seals.

Just then requiring water pump & head bolts - probably Euro Italian for these

Belt kit - Repco/BNT - anyone you know up there for a trade discount?

EDIT: Called BNT, they have quoted Timing belt $53 + GST, Tensioner $111 + GST, Water Pump $117 + GST

Where as from ECS Tuning, I can get the likes of this:

http://www.ecstuning.com/BMW-E30-325i-M20_2.5L/Search/SiteSearch/Timing_Belt/ES260747/

Which includes pretty much everything I'm needing, and would cost $258 landed.

Edited by Raerae

No reference to any make or brand of the parts on the ECS Tuning site, can see a name on the timing belt that's about it. Personally I would want to know a bit more about the parts (especially the belt, tensioner and water pump) before buying. There is lots of cheap crap in the market for the likes of E30s which may save a few dollars up front but can fail suddenly for big $$$s later on.

No reference to any make or brand of the parts on the ECS Tuning site, can see a name on the timing belt that's about it. Personally I would want to know a bit more about the parts (especially the belt, tensioner and water pump) before buying. There is lots of cheap crap in the market for the likes of E30s which may save a few dollars up front but can fail suddenly for big $$$s later on.

Valid point. Trying to do it on a budget but I guess sometimes it's not worth it.

After having a quick nosey again to see if there was a kit breakdown, I've found it contains the follow:

Description Brand Qty Timing Belt Tensioner Spring Genuine%20BMW.gif 1 Tensioner Spring Securing Bolt Genuine%20BMW.gif 1 Thermostat O-Ring Bruss.gif 1 New Water Pump Geba.gif 1 Timing Belt Continental.gif 1 Timing Belt Tensioner Roller Ina.gif 1 Radiator Drain Plug - Includes Lock Wash Original%20Equipment%20Supplier.gif 1 Coolant/Antifreeze - 1.5 Liters Vaico.gif 1 Thermostat - 80C Vemo.gif 1 Front Camshaft Seal Elring.gif

Does anyone have an experience with the above brands?

Genuine BMW - goes without saying :huh:

Continental, INA, Elring, all well known (and trusted Manufacturers and brands).

The O-ring and the drain plug you can't really go wrong with (famous last words...)

The GEBA water pump and Vemo Thermostat would be the only ones I would do a bit of a google on first..

Did some further research and it all seemed to check out ok.

Ordered.

Can't wait to be driving a 2.5L

Thanks to every ones input B)

Genuine BMW - goes without saying :huh:

Continental, INA, Elring, all well known (and trusted Manufacturers and brands).

The O-ring and the drain plug you can't really go wrong with (famous last words...)

The GEBA water pump and Vemo Thermostat would be the only ones I would do a bit of a google on first..

You will definately notice the difference, especially with a manual!

Thing is you will then want one in the race car as well.... :ph34r::huh:

You will definately notice the difference, especially with a manual!

Thing is you will then want one in the race car as well.... :ph34r::huh:

I can guarantee that once I drive it as my daily I'll really, really want one in the race car. But the #333 car is very enjoyable with what's in it - Great fun.

I don't think I've driven an e30 with a manual 2.5 in it though, so it's going to be an awesome Christmas present to myself. And of course it frees up space in the engine bay of our E30 Touring, so we can finally start doing something with it. :ph34r:

• Like 1