Sign in to follow this  
Toast

M3 rear muffler

I'm looking for a factory E36 M3 rear box, got the mid section already. Alternatively can anyone point me towards a good exhaust place / know a welder who could do me up a merge pipe to fit a universal, single entry muffler? Possibly remove the cats while they're at it? Out West Auckland preferably

are 328i rears the same? they also run twin pipes and would be a lot easier to come by.

Unfortunately not, different diameter pipe & couplers. :(

There are a few around "jamesthedrummer" here has a modified rear exhaust. I have the bare muffler with no pipes also try message "gtstarped" he had one a while back

Thanks for the info I'll try get a hold of them, anyone feel like welding for a box or two of beers?

I fitted this to mine its a e46 330i remus muffler they have 2 inch inlets e36 m3 use 2.25 inch but works nicely I still have the standard m3 muffler but I had to use the pipes and flanges to the remus

post-16160-0-44766500-1417147670_thumb.j

Have one from a `98 M3.

Connor give me a call - $250. The 3 pedals guy called me I mistook him for you. You asked first, you get first option.

• Like 2

Done, thanks Ray

And you wonder why you get a hard time around here.

Beeker the going price for a rear section would appear to be $250. - need to confirm it is the same as a 3.2 , I suspect it is.

Which part of the country are you in and are any of the after market bits on offer

Auckland, and no the other bits just went onto the car.

Use Realoem.com and check the PN there.

My VIN was ending in EA66308, being: http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=BF92&mospid=47432&btnr=18_0215&hg=18&fg=20

@ 3pedals, thanks for being obliging, from my research, it appears that s50b32 & s50b30 mufflers are the same despite different part numbers. Or at least both will bolt onto either mid section.