Sign in to follow this  
HSB

Drivexasperation

Diesel 99c, 91 $1.67 at a Mobil in Palmy Nth yesterday told it is due to drop further. Although when it starts to rise will it go with a bang?

Spotted diesel at 99c on the way back from Napier on Sunday which was a nice surprise. Interested to see that we pay about 13c a litre less per litre where we are than the folks in Hawke's Bay - I thought Akl was supposed to be dearer because of some local council surcharge?

Also spotted lots of wombles on their way back to the city as well, driving without a care in the world, and oblivious to the queue of cars and trucks behind them.

Edited by E30 325i Rag-Top

Spotted diesel at 99c on the way back from Napier on Sunday which was a nice surprise. Interested to see that we pay about 13c a litre less per litre where we are than the folks in Hawke's Bay - I thought Akl was supposed to be dearer because of some local council surcharge?

Also spotted lots of wombles on their way back to the city as well, driving without a care in the world, and oblivious to the queue of cars and trucks behind them.

I liked the Wombles! I think Tomsk was my favourite. :P

• Like 2

I liked the Wombles! I think Tomsk was my favourite. :P

I liked Great Uncle Bumblef#$k... you know the one.. Drives a Navara with a boat on a trailer at 80km/h ... right up until he gets to a passing lane (oh how I love living in the third world!) where he promptly sits in the outside lane doing 85!!!!

I liked Great Uncle Bumblef#$k... you know the one..

Hahahahaha, quote of the year... that's definately a great name for the Wombles on the road, plus the description is very accurate.

Madame Cholet was always my favourite, it was the sexy french accent that did it!

• Like 1

Hahahahaha, quote of the year... that's definately a great name for the Wombles on the road, plus the description is very accurate.

Madame Cholet was always my favourite, it was the sexy french accent that did it!

I preferred Alderney (those who don't know will have to look her up!) - she was a babe.

'Wombling' certainly describes many road users so well. I used to describe such people as 'bimbling obliviously', but may have to change that. :D

Has the road code changed to now inculde "When entering Auckland's Victoria tunnel, stand on your brakes for no reason whatsoever"?

I see this every time I ride/drive through it. I just don't get it.

Could be because the speed limit is 80 and peoples speed creeps up as the enter the tunnel? I am always paranoid they have speed camera's.

To the guy traveling in the silver Hyundai Tuscan southbound near Mt Wellington last night, speeding up and then tail gating me when I move into the passing lane to pass is not cool bro, I hope your brakes and reflexes got a good test... to the guy in the middle lane who speed up when I moved out to pass, f**k you too douch... all this resulted in my date getting very upset with me and I didn't get any action at all. Yours sincerely, the wanker in the White Renault

Other drivers are just sh*t, I just set my cruise control and try and maintain a pace but you all seem to think its some kind of race and feel the need to block and play games, I just want to get home at as smooth as possible... just pick a speed and stay at it and everything would just flow so much better.

Edited by apex
  • Like 2

Could be because the speed limit is 80 and peoples speed creeps up as the enter the tunnel? I am always paranoid they have speed camera's.

Usually not the case. Most of them seem to already be doing 80 and for some reason see the need to slow down for nothing.

Usually not the case. Most of them seem to already be doing 80 and for some reason see the need to slow down for nothing.

nine out of ten Kiwi drivers slow down for an over pass, so it would not be a surprise. I have notices that most people speed into that tunnel though, I cant understand / can understand why the speed limit is 80 all the way from Khyber Pass to Onewa road, its painful and everyone seems to do at least 90 anyway.

ahh that is a habit that i have noticed but never verbalized.Driving along SH2 southbound(it ussually is southbound) some halfwit just brakes for no apparent reason,no car close in front,no official looking vehicle parked on left or approaching.I spose its possible its a radar detector or a gps speed warning but most times they dont seem to be speeding either?????

It puzzles me that so many people just seem unable to drive with anything approaching a level of competence.

The police enforce the speed limits, as they are told to do, but they're not stupid. The traffic cops see all manner of bad driving on the roads, but there seems to be no attempt by the authorities (not the police, perhaps) to improve driving skills, or address what is an increasing problem.

• Like 1

This thread is hilarious, at least I know that I'm not the only one who has a brain explosion every time I drive in Auckland's traffic.

Add to that list:

Old people in micro cars that usually "just pop to the shops" who exit the city en-mass at the weekend to crawl along the roads on the way to annoy their children and their families for a "spot of lunch".

People with spotless Ford Rangers and VW utes which look like they're preparing the the Dakar Rally. I know the car park at Farrow is wet in winter and has a crappy incline at the entrance but you can still get your free range chicken for Rupert and Victoria in a normal car.

People in cars which obviously have Bluetooth systems yammering away with a phone held to their ear or writing a txt essay and missing the lights. If you're a baby boomer and find all this talk of Twitter Tube, Bookface and Snap9gagchat confusing; just ask your kids - they'll hook your phone into the car for you.

• Like 4

This thread is hilarious, at least I know that I'm not the only one who has a brain explosion every time I drive in Auckland's traffic.

Add to that list:

Old people in micro cars that usually "just pop to the shops" who exit the city en-mass at the weekend to crawl along the roads on the way to annoy their children and their families for a "spot of lunch".

People with spotless Ford Rangers and VW utes which look like they're preparing the the Dakar Rally. I know the car park at Farrow is wet in winter and has a crappy incline at the entrance but you can still get your free range chicken for Rupert and Victoria in a normal car.

People in cars which obviously have Bluetooth systems yammering away with a phone held to their ear or writing a txt essay and missing the lights. If you're a baby boomer and find all this talk of Twitter Tube, Bookface and Snap9gagchat confusing; just ask your kids - they'll hook your phone into the car for you.

it is not necessary to make phone calls etc in teh ^*%$ car imho

I know the car park at Farrow is wet in winter and has a crappy incline at the entrance but you can still get your free range chicken for Rupert and Victoria in a normal car.

HAHAHA

...well Nosh only sells chicken sizes 11 through 22, but it is imperative i eat size 24 meat only

HAHAHA

...well Nosh only sells chicken sizes 11 through 22, but it is imperative i eat size 24 meat only

What's even worse is when you trash the people who go there on this thread and you are one.... ahhhhh :blink: The meat there is good :)

What's even worse is when you trash the people who go there on this thread and you are one.... ahhhhh :blink: The meat there is good :)

dem pre-marinated bbq pork ribs.......wow

I'm quite amazed with the amount of braking on Auckland's motorways altogether. It's something that didn't exist when I left the country in 2008 but is sure as heck here in 2014 and beyond. And for apparently no reason (well it's a chain reaction but unnecessary).

Admittedly part of the problem is our sh*t following distances (I'm a culprit) but that's probably because nobody keeps left.

In the stretch of road mentioned above (Akl Vic Tunnel to Onewa) which I did at 15:30 today the tunnel flowed okay, St Mary's Bay was fine but holy sh*t, traffic was nearly stationary at the south bound entrance to the bridge! Why, just why? From 80km/h -> 10km/h for no apparent reason.

Also seems to happen coming off the bridge now also? Crazy.

PS:

- IF YOU'RE GETTING OFF AT ONEWA USE THE NORTHBOUND CLIPON, NOT THE CENTER LANES YOU IDIOT!!!

- IF YOU'RE NOT GETTING OFF AT ONEWA STAY THE F OUT OF THE LEFT HAND LANE (edit: after the bridge) ERSE!

ahh that is a habit that i have noticed but never verbalized.Driving along SH2 southbound(it ussually is southbound) some halfwit just brakes for no apparent reason,no car close in front,no official looking vehicle parked on left or approaching.I spose its possible its a radar detector or a gps speed warning but most times they dont seem to be speeding either?????

I don't get out much. So when I do its just more apparent how much we suck as drivers, even more so at the moment as I have been oversea's for three weeks ridding on two wheels in south east asia and ironically the tourists in my group were the worst drivers, I only fell off once!

When it comes to f**kwits jamming on brakes, nothing makes them do it like a cop car with its lights on for no apparent reason parked on the side of the road. I just about swerved into the cop on the weekend coming over the hill by the Manurewa on-ramp, I literally swerved three lanes at 100kph to avoid the impending crawl. The cops have us so scared that we all just jam on our brakes even when we are not speeding.

I am also wondering why so many other motorists are offering me hand jobs all the time, they literally wind down the window and start gesturing a hand job... some even offer to slip me a digit. I don't mind these type of drivers, they seem nice, most like to slow down in front of me as so I can be sure to see what they are offering, some even follow me.

• Like 4

When it comes to f**kwits jamming on brakes, nothing makes them do it like a cop car with its lights on for no apparent reason parked on the side of the road. I just about swerved into the cop on the weekend coming over the hill by the Manurewa on-ramp, I literally swerved three lanes at 100kph to avoid the impending crawl. The cops have us so scared that we all just jam on our brakes even when we are not speeding.

Yup, this. ANY type of van at the side of the road and people brake just-in-case it's a mobile speed camera, even if they are nowhere near the speed limit. Or they see a police car at the side of the road, in the distance, going the other way.. again brake even though nowhere near the speed limit. All down to poor information from the Police on "zero tolerance" and poor driving.

Did lots of Kms up and down the motorway to HD over the week-end and noticed SOOOO many drivers that are just totally un-aware of anything that is not directly in front of their bonnet, utterly, utterly hopeless. Case in point, driver in right-hand lane (nothing for miles in left-hand) at 90km/h totally shocked and suprised when I went past on the left, and gave them a friendly wave after sitting behind them for over a km. As if to say 'where did you come from..', use the mirrors - they are not their just for doing your make-up love!

• Like 3

when a police car is on the motorway doing 95 no one has the balls to pass him....i go past with the cruise control set at 100 on the gps

• Like 1

Case in point, driver in right-hand lane (nothing for miles in left-hand) at 90km/h totally shocked and suprised when I went past on the left, and gave them a friendly wave after sitting behind them for over a km. As if to say 'where did you come from..', use the mirrors - they are not their just for doing your make-up love!

Black Kia small(ish) SUV on SH1, northbound, yesterday. Locked into the right hand lane at 80km/h. No, 85... 90... Brakes! 80km/h... 85... 90... 93... Brakes! 80km/h...

Chinese woman driving it looked absolutely terrified.

I saw a Ute with a bumper sticker that said "I am a vet. I drive like an animal."

It was only then that I realised how many gynaecologists and proctologists there are on the roads...

;-)

• Like 7

^ problem is it's not just tourists.

I'm afraid to say new [many] immigrants from regions that have different driving standards than we require are just as bad.

This is true, but also, driving standards aren't THAT different around the world, driving like some f**kwits do here wouldn't be acceptable anywhere in the world, surely?? I admit I'm a very impatient driver, but only because there's one set of rules for all motorists that really aren't that hard to follow yet a large portion of the population are, well, pretty f**king useless!

Just by a fluke chance too, my rego happens to be FFS*** which couldn't be more appropriate for me, probably my most common phrase whilst driving!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk