Sign in to follow this  
Kepes

1964 Morris Mini

Hey team,

My elderly neighbor has decided that he wants to sell his 1964 Morris Mini, but is very unsure of what to price it at and so I thought that maybe somebody on here might know (or have an idea), and perhaps someone might even be interested in buying it. We'll try our luck.

It has been fully restored and is in immaculate condition. The engine in it is "not the original 850cc engine, but a bigger 1000cc engine from another mini" which he had. It lives in the garage, has just been serviced, and is not driven very often at all, however we just went for a drive in it now and It goes extremely well considering the age etc. Odemeter reads 37xxxKM
I really don't know a lot about it but can definitely pass on any questions to him.

post-41073-0-07777300-1417758143.jpg

post-41073-0-86692100-1417758163.jpg

post-41073-0-91848800-1417758177.jpg

post-41073-0-68005800-1417758203.jpg

post-41073-0-67369600-1417758215.jpg

post-41073-0-51205500-1417758232.jpg

post-41073-0-71250200-1417758244.jpg

Edited by Kepes

mk1s in this condition I'd say $6 to $9k providing it has no rust. If it's a Deluxe maybe more.

Which part of the country is it ?

Damm, have a couple of mk1s myself otherwise ........

Edited by Neal

mk1s in this condition I'd say $6 to $9k providing it has no rust. If it's a Deluxe maybe more.

Which part of the country is it ?

Damm, have a couple of mk1s myself otherwise ........

I'm surprised, thought it would be more around $12k mark, but I really don't know.

No rust, or if there was any it was cut out and replaced properly (i do think i remember him saying it did have some rust but that was dealt with during the restoration)

It's in Wellington,

Seatoun Heights.

Go on Neal an early Chrisy present plus it's only just down the road, B) chuckle

Edited by tim 325

I'm surprised, thought it would be more around $12k mark, but I really don't know.

No rust, or if there was any it was cut out and replaced properly (i do think i remember him saying it did have some rust but that was dealt with during the restoration)

It's in Wellington,

Seatoun Heights.

Pop me a pm with your email address and I'll get some pictures from you. I'll post on the Wellington mini owners club fb page.

Car could be worth more, above 10 k and your getting into collectors that start getting fussy about everything being original including engine. Looks like everything on it other than grill and engine would be original spec. ( unless deluxe model)

Condition looks at top end though !

Go on Neal an early Chrisy present plus it's only just down the road, B) chuckle

There have already been comments from her that needs to be obayed.

Personally I don't see an issue with taking another 14 years to have the second one ready for daughters 16th birthday