Sign in to follow this  
MISS BM

'THE' M3...

Some people get kicks out of Lambos, I get kicks out of a very simplistic, beautiful car. The E46 M3. And finally, I have one to call my own!

For the last month, I have been sitting on a secret, and couldn't wait to finally let it out after the reveal at the Euro Car Club Meet.. I finally did it and got myself an E46 M3 - and holy sh*t, best decision I made within my life. I LOVE IT!

Sneakily hiding out at Rays, I can finally be a proud mother and dote on it :)

I bought the car early November. I was originally looking around just to see the price margins, budget up - I never intended on actually purchasing one. And then I found this, sitting among the crowd of other unloved cars in a yard - who the hell would put a poor M3 in there?

It was dirty, it hadn't been driven in so long the battery had conked out, it looked like the worst example of an M3 I had ever seen.. But when it started that all changed. It sounded perfect, it sounded like it just needed to be let off on a run. And so I obliged kindly. Flippen awesome, loved every moment of it, the brutal changes of the SMG, the cornering of the moment, the acceleration times. Despite the fact it looked 'rough' I saw the diamond in the dust and decided, f**k it, it's coming home with me.

First things was check over - ring around about it. Clean as a whistle. Not even a subframe crack (score!)

So now the details:

- 2002 E46 M3

- Carbon Schwarz

- SMG

- 70,000 Miles (112ks)

- UK Import 2010

- M LT/ALY WHEELS DOUBLE SPOKE 67, 19"

And it has pretty much all the neat options minus a Sunroof - which I am more than happy to live without as it only adds weight..

And it's completely stock.. Fantastic.

Being a UK Import - the main and obvious worry was rust. But lucky for me, a Full AA Rust Report done came back clean, as well as a good Ray report from HellBM - the car isn't even sporting Subframe war marks.

Next up was the Vanos/SMG checked out - and again good as gold.

Being a completely stock car, it gives a great platform to work with - it means no one else has gone in there, which is the best way really.

I have a huge long list of what I would like to do over time, and it won't be leaving my side unless seriously needed... sh*t happens!

Will do another post with my list once I dig it out.. But so far;

- Carbon Supreme Tints (Thanks Car Folie)
- Diff Oil Service (Thanks Ray)
- New SMG Shifter (Thanks Ray)

- Floor Mats (Thanks Ray)
- Scanned and Checked over (Thanks Ray)

- Cut and Polish

To Do:

- Fog Light Upgrade

- Angel Eyes

- M3 Genuine Floor Mats

- New Wheels

- Subframe Reinforcement

- Suspension Set up (Shocks/Springs)

- Rear Tray Black
- Replace a couple Harman Kardon Speakers

- Rotors, Brakes, Lines upgrade

- Put a Spoiler back on! (missing one)

- Respray Boot

and loads of other things I am sure to add on - brain faded at the moment.

Well hope you enjoyed the read and the fact I always say way to much...

Included are photos of the paint.. err.. correction stage. To be honest, she was a dog when I got her :/

post-32854-0-15429900-1418010539_thumb.j

post-32854-0-90719700-1418010667_thumb.j

post-32854-0-08676500-1418010671_thumb.j

post-32854-0-80017600-1418010699.jpg

post-32854-0-06932300-1418010701.jpg

post-32854-0-57732000-1418010702.jpg

• Like 11

looking good amber-leigh.

nice colour too :)

• Like 2

Congrats on the purchase!

Now just cause your name is Amber, don't think you can copy me and change all the lights to amber!

• Like 1

Congrats.

Jelly

I fail to see how on earth that could possibly have been a dog under there?

It looks like the life-changer you say it is. Awesome!

• Like 1

Congrats on the purchase!

Now just cause your name is Amber, don't think you can copy me and change all the lights to amber!

Haha you're safe. They'd only be going smoked haha. Not an amber colour fan on cars sadly :P

Congrats! Sure must feel like a whole different machine compared to the 323 :-). Got any interior shots?

Edited by Arma
  • Like 1

I thought it might be yours - from the number plate!

Well done on the purchase, Carbon Schwartz is one of my favourites due to the way the metallic changes colour in the direct sun-light.

I hope you enjoy it for many a long year.

• Like 1

I'll be using Ray and the team for everything, and even then Kayne Barrie adds his two cents in anyway! He's just up the road from Ray so it's great none the less.

It's a bit paint work rough, a few minor dings, resprayed here and there that I have fixed.

Interior is mint! Love it, not a crack or slit in the leather and all the heated seats and side adjusters (or whatever you call them) work well.

I was fortunate that this car has had one true owner for the lasts 4 years - before then it belonged to dealers. SMG pump was done 20,000miles ago. And a full history on all repairs in Nz are present which is great!

The reason I tend to hop through cars was because I kept looking for something 'like' the M3.. So I thought screw it, let me just get one.

I still have my lovely Schnitzer and she's not going anywhere.. She's currently a moving billboard for the club haha.

There is still a lot to be done to get this car mint, which is the overall aim at the end of the game :)

• Like 2

Awesome Amber-Leigh, very impressed :)

Bet you'll have a blast bringing it up to scratch, so to speak. Look forward to seeing it at future events, when i finally make it along to one - lol. Would love to see some interior shots too. Once your brain fade has subsided. good to see you also got your hands on a pop up shelter for the M :D

Edited by hunter
  • Like 1

Sh!t good work! Looks great. The E46 M3 is definitely on my wish list, after i spend (waste) some money on my E30 addiction.

• Like 2

Congratulations, looks neat. Re-align the M3 badge on the rear.

• Like 1

Congratulations, looks neat. Re-align the M3 badge on the rear.

New badge all together going on - getting there...

It does disappoint me but I'm getting there with the small stuff.. I'll go have a shopping session too.

Thanks everyone, appreciate the kind words.. And as stated before, nothing fancy but a project in the making :D

Off I go for my weekly ECS stop...

• Like 1

Shite Amber, what a score. Well done. Love it!

• Like 1

Wow congrats on the score. One day I will own a M3

Yea, ill own 1 one day too, perhaps when I grow up :( and I have to see this car almost every day. Tortured with envy

• Like 1

Yea, ill own 1 one day too, perhaps when I grow up :( and I have to see this car almost every day. Tortured with envy

Don't worry, Schnitzer is fixed so will be back at work instead of torturing the M3 to traffic haha.

May add - extremely good fuel. Used it this last week in traffic and 11.1L/100km was my overall consumption come the end of the week. Noice M3, berry nice.

Posted Image

Fill that windscreen washer fluid girl lol

Yeah yeah... Same on the other car too haha..

My sister E46s. Perfecto

Posted Image

• Like 1

They look so a like yet so different. Liking the two stances of these together.

Might be time for a signature upgrade :)

Edited by FrancoisPV

Nice car, E46 M3 is the best M3 IMO.

My heart says E30 M3 is the best, but my head agrees with you

• Like 2