Sign in to follow this  
MISS BM

'THE' M3...

If written off it will parted out.

I'd love my M3 back. I've seen the level of work the guys I'm using have done and the cars come out straighter than factory.

Right now it's a matter of just working out how to tell them 'repair it' and I'll cover the owing bill, and work hand in hand to get the parts from external sources that aren't BMW NZ

No no no no

If it doesnt end well take the money get the car back for cheap and race car it will be

• Like 2

then you can take the person who hit you to the Disputes Tribunal and claim the difference between the replacement value and what you get from your insurance company.

i highly doubt this would work. you have no control over who the other parties insurance company is so how would that be fair.

if that was the case, everyone would insure thier car for $1,000

Chassis is pretty sweet. Front and rear rails are good. It's just that boot floor got a bit of a ding in it... But no creases etc, my front guards are mint. Nose is a bit uptight but hey that's just a new bonnet and headlights.. Radiator.. A new boot (which I needed colour matched anyway)

To be fair the car is pretty straight, par a few points and the price comes from the paint job.. Wanted a new paint job!

Optimism right? :/

How much will the insurance company sell the car back to you for?

Just remember if you purchase the write-off and rebuild it has a dirty history. Its a pretty public car being on this forum so it wont be forgotten. Also you will have to be honest about it being write-off when going to sell it in the future. Oh, and a dealer wont normally touch a rebuilt write-off.

I think you missed the salient point of my post. If you're not at fault, and you can prove this, then you'll absolutely prevail at the Disputes Tribunal.

File for $150, submit evidence, win.

I'm probably just thick... but I never have any idea what argument you are trying to make or the basis it is built upon.

You started off with a brash assumption (other party denied liability and Amber's insurance company accepted that) and have built up on that sandy foundation.

Are you a legal expert?

Have you been in this situation with the disputes tribunal before?

You definitely don't know the ins and outs of what is going on between the various parties so even if the answer to those first two questions is YES, your conviction in your own BS is unjustified.

Pretty sure he's right. You are able to pursue further expenses from a liable 3rd party through the disputes tribunal or courts. If you want the hassle.

• Like 1

This thread is on fire.

Mean.

Will take her insurance to town to help cover my bill if it comes to that. My insurance aren't the most helpful.

"So by insuring my car at an under market value through you guys, I'm therefor disadvantaged even more than if I didn't have insurance?"

Them: "well we can't answer that"

• Like 1

Her insurance should cover all costs. Thats why she had insurance. What is annoying, is that your insurance company should be doing this work for you.

Try to take emotions out of the situation and ask yourself, would Donald Trump take no for an answer? Then hang up, and walk around telling people they are fired. LIKE A BOSS.

• Like 6

Her insurance should cover all costs. Thats why she had insurance. What is annoying, is that your insurance company should be doing this work for you.

Try to take emotions out of the situation and ask yourself, would Donald Trump take no for an answer? Then hang up, and walk around telling people they are fired. LIKE A BOSS.

Best. Comment. Yet.

Technically speaking you don't even have to go through your insurance, you could pursue the matter through the courts system, get Judgment and then take that to the at fault party Insurance company and say pay up.

But that's pretty poor insurance service if they are making you do all the work. Whenever I've had to file a claim that wasn't my fault (or actually even ones where it was clearly my fault) on my policy all I do is fill out a form, provide all the information that the Insurer seeks (basically how it occurred, who was involved, what damages are sustained by all involved and declare I wasn't drunk at the time), drop the car off at the panel shop and go and pick it up in 2 weeks or whatever time it takes and the car would be back like new. Oh usually in between I get a "your excess is waived" phone call from the Insurer as they have determined I was not at fault - or a I need to fork out my excess first and they will get this back for me on my behalf, or I am liable for my own excess as it was my fault.

Insurance should be simple - the good ones at least. If there's ever any arguments it is usually in relation to whether new parts or used parts will be used, or whether a certain part should be repaired or replaced (and that's when a good panel shop will go to bat for you - as I've explained to you on the phone).

I have always said that Insurance premiums means jack sh*t until you have to make a claim ... and the good policies shine through when you do. Don't just look at the premium you are paying if you want good cover.

Edited by M3_Power

I know some people bag on AA Insurance saying its sh!t or expensive but my old man has had it for the past 10 years and never had an issue with payouts or claims and so have i for the past 8 or so years ive been driving.

In a recent accident where my dad was rear ended, he only had 3rd party insurance. but it was insured for agreed value and we got the full payout no questions asked.

This particular case was simple as an ambulance came and gave us a copy of the accident report, determined who was at fault, and also that person was insured with AA! I made one phone call and they sorted everything out very quickly. it was only a $300 premium for the year but id say it was top service.

Why wasn't the car insured for market value?

Because I'm stupid?

Didn't we cover this...

• Like 2