Sign in to follow this  
charles28

Tempted buy a cheapish Merc

Well as it turns out my partner doesn't seem to like them, the car has to be for her to use also, as her GOLF VR6 is kaput.

She likes older Mercs, such as the W126, W124 etc and she used to have an old W201 (190e)

We looked at an older 500SL today also, but she didn't like it all that much, still preferred an older design.

I've just replaced my E39 with a 2008 C250 - I know it's not in the same league as the AMG's or V8's but it's still a nice car. I've always had six cylinder BMW's and Mercs and for me, that's the best balance of performance and economy. I quite like the styling, a bit blocker than the previous models.

The only thing I can add to the conversation is that the Mercedes is far less sporty and much more relaxing to drive in general. Perfect for wafting along. That, and parts are eye watering when it comes to cost, I have a 4 year warranty.

The only thing I can add to the conversation is that the Mercedes is far less sporty and much more relaxing to drive in general. Perfect for wafting along.

That's been my perception in the BMW vs Merc debate. BMW is typically sportier, Merc more comfortable. Pick your weapon.

^^^^ Ahhh Mercedes & their recycled plastics again no doubt. Using them in the wrong places.

you would never find that on a BMW would you

• Like 2

^^^^^^ Well not in the wiring insulation, nor generally in potentially dangerous places (that I have come across) but seat bolsters, dash trims, cup holders & all the other bits that break, & probably the good old plastic impeller water pump. Then have the cheek to charge arms & legs to replace the said components....

No Euro manufacturer immune from the problem.

There was a nice l/h drive 2.5 190e last year on trade me.

On another note I have also brought 2008 C200 Avant grade and awaiting delivery.