Sign in to follow this  
francoisv

E39 Trailer

So my cousin gave me his trailer, needs some work in terms of rust and axle housing etc, but hey, its free. So I had the idea of turning it into a E39 Trailer. So basically taking the parts off my 540 that I need (when I start stripping it down next month) and kind of do the same thing to the trailer I did with the ute.

Will obviously spend most of the spare time getting the ute finished, but will also try dedicate a few hours here and there for the trailer. Then the ute can tow the trailer

post-2466-0-74350700-1418943052.jpg

post-2466-0-25164300-1418943159.jpg

Edited by FrancoisPV

I have had two false starts doing this, once with an E30 316i, and second time with an E34 525i (Jasons old one)

a much easier project than your ute project! but both times i keep forgetting I cant weld lol.

My plan on both was to keep the boot compartment and put a BBQ in there, and then on the rear seats (removed of course) fit a fridge, so that there is more weight over the front of the axle etc.

one day i will actually do it lol.

I have had two false starts doing this, once with an E30 316i, and second time with an E34 525i (Jasons old one)

a much easier project than your ute project! but both times i keep forgetting I cant weld lol.

My plan on both was to keep the boot compartment and put a BBQ in there, and then on the rear seats (removed of course) fit a fridge, so that there is more weight over the front of the axle etc.

one day i will actually do it lol.

Hah OMG that would be well cool. Since seeing Gone in 60 Seconds I've wanted a car BBQ. You should get yourself a gasless mig welder and start practicing with that. Be amazed how quick you can get the hang of welding.

Mobile beer fringe and bbq, you should do it...

Hah OMG that would be well cool. Since seeing Gone in 60 Seconds I've wanted a car BBQ. You should get yourself a gasless mig welder and start practicing with that. Be amazed how quick you can get the hang of welding.

Mobile beer fringe and bbq, you should do it...

one day..... But my E34 will be sold soon probably, and hooking up a hitch to my convertible well that would just be sacrilege