Sign in to follow this  
timewarrior

Road legal 2-door E30 track-car

Hi all, I've decided to sell my BMW as it doesn't get enough use. The basics:

TLDR: Repowered PFL E30 Coupe, cheap, well-equipped option to get into motorsport and lots of flexibility for future mods.

*Mileage - It's done unknown kms as it seems to have had more than one cluster. The body is very straight and rust free though and the engine was transplanted from a E36 @ 110000km and since then it's done very little driving.

*Engine - M50TUB25 (single vanos). Pod air filter, custom headers (with 2.5 inch exhaust redone 6 months ago by Pitstop in Dunedin). Megasquirt and remote coilpack (6 months old professionally installed). 40km since oil/filter/coolant service. M3 alloy radiator and aftermarket oil cooler.

*Gearbox - Getrag 260 5-speed, Redline MTF put in 2 months ago.

*Diff - 4.1 ratio Z4 open diff.

*Tyres - Brand new Pirelli P Zero Neros 205x40x17 (front) and Bridgestones (rear, warrantable but need to be replaced).

*Wheels - 17x7.5 Oz Superturismos, superficial curbing. 20mm spacers on the front and 25mm on the back (all certified) to clear the brakes.

*Brakes - RX7 dual piston calipers on the front (certified) with Corrado dimpled and slotted rotors. Rear brakes standard E30 discs.

*Roll cage - Homolagated and comes with log book.

*Interior - Stripped with bucket seats. Momo Corse leather steering wheel. Electronic oil pressure gauge. Push button starter and kill switch installed. Fire extinguisher mounted in back. No rear seats, bodywork has been upholstered over.

*Body - Prefacelift coupe. No dents, couple of very small chips. M Technic 2 front and rear wing. E36 M3 side skirts. Carbon fibre hood. All painted Holden HSV Red 2 years ago.

*Rewire - Car was rewired and tuned at CNC Automotive, finished in June 2014. Megasquirt ECU was installed for flexibility for future mods. Can be hooked up to a PC and tuned in real time so this is a great feature for anyone who would further modify this vehicle.

*Suspension - Koni Sport (yellow) adjustable shocks installed front and rear with lowering springs. Front and rear strut braces and larger front and rear anti roll bars.

*Spares - Car would be sold with two spare sets of wheels 18x7.5 with road tyres and 17x7.5 with semi slicks. Lots of other spares will go with the car.

All the necessary certs are done, rego and WOF expired December 2014 but will be renewed for sale.

Any questions post them here.

I'm open to trades, send me a private message.

WOULD NOW TAKE $9000

post-18015-0-12200100-1420334042_thumb.j

post-18015-0-16176500-1420334114_thumb.j

Edited by timewarrior

Well priced in my opinion. Good luck with the sale mate. Hope she sells to someone from Bimmersport

OK, having opened this on a computer, I can now see what everyone is talking about. I created the post on Tapatalk and on my phone it is all nicely spaced and bullet pointed :/

Until I get it fixed, can anyone posting please just comment on the car and not the formatting? Otherwise it doesn't really get a fair shot at being sold. I wouldn't fill up the first page of anyone else's ad with comments about formatting, and I'm asking now for the same courtesy.

• Like 1

I'm dropping the price again to $9000… that will include warrant and rego. Won't include the extra wheels and other extra bits and pieces. PM me if you're interested, this is the best offer before it sells to another interested party

Bump will be sold in the next couple of days if there is no interest in this price

Edited by timewarrior

I would so love to have this! And I'd teach my daughter to drive in it. :D Perhaps a bit noisy inside for a daily, but there's ways to deal with that.

It'd be easy to say $9k is a lot of money for an E30, but it doesn't take long to add up what it would cost to build something like this. Good value, imo.

Damn. Despite having been careful over Christmas I don't think it is practical (for us) right now. :(

Saw this last Saturday parked down Knox st when I was at work at salmond hall. Wernt so working there by any chance?

Was mine, just sold that to my apprentice about a month ago haha. Was In the white lolux. Coming to the meet tomorrow (Saturday)? 2pm at Eglington rd lookout