Sign in to follow this  
hunter

Hamilton Audio help and recommendations

Hey guys

I need some help with speaker wiring in my 2001 E46 sedan. I purchased a set of "plug and play speakers" recently only to find out yesterday the wiring inside my front doors is different than expected, i.e. the tweeters are plugged into the mid bass drivers, rather than having their of specific wiring. this means, instead of just being able to plug the new gear in where the old gear was and go, i now need to add wiring and a cross over to the front doors.

Can anyone make any recommendations for a good quality cross over and / or somewhere in Hamilton to help with the wiring side of things. i want a super professional job done and have no experience with wiring personally and want someone i can trust to not bodge the job. Car currently has no rattles at all and i'd like to keep it that way :)

Cheers in advance.

Ben

Would recommend Trends. Excellent service there. Haven't had any issues with their headunit install they did in my friends Honda.

• Like 1

SoundStream or Kicker I have found to be best in a BMW especially with the decent sound deadening. I ran the Tarantula series in my E46 and E39s with cross overs. As for the installation, as per above, Trends seem to have a good name...

• Like 1

The guys at www.bavsound.com came to the party supplying me with a fix for this issue, and I only had to pay shipping. So i'm back to the cut free, plug and play installation i always wanted.

Cheers

That's good news. Did they come up with a crossover or a capacitor built into the tweeter wire ?