Sign in to follow this  
Herbmiester

I need some advice on re my E36

I have just about finished the suspension upgrade/rebuild on my E 36 and It's time to start thinking about how to get some more power out of the the M50. So I have thought about the following options.

Supercharging: Do I get a kit ex the US or can I do it with a S/H Supercharger and make/buy the extra bits.

Turbo kit; Pretty much as per the super kit.

Buy an s50?

Do a n M50/M54 hybrid to a get a strong 3.0 N/A engine.

Do an LS1 or RB/ 2JZ swap.

I have to admit at first I wanted to do the LS swap but I am getting a bit overawed by everything that needs to be done, plus the more I own my M50 the more attached to it I am becoming.

What I would like is around 270HP at a minimum, I would be happier with 300HP plus as that will get me a car that will accelerate to 100 KPH in 5 seconds or so. (Assuming I get traction etc etc).

I am very interested in what others have done and at this stage I dont just want to go and buy an M3 as doing this is part of the enjoyment for me. Also if anyone has a kit or a part that me get me there then please let me know as I may be interested.

Thanks

Herb

Edited by Herbmiester

I think most of those options will be quite hard for that budget.

Cert , clutch, tuning and custom fabrication really adds up.

I'd go for the option that will have the car not running for the least amount of time. It sucks not being able to drive your car when your getting a bit sick of working on it.

Save a few more K and get an s50b32, computer and gearbox.

Yes had thought about an s50. Off to the US for 3 weeks soon I will see what I can find over there. Still very keen on forced induction.