Sign in to follow this  
earon

M3 CS Maintenance Project

hope those are genuine lights and not cheap knock off depo garbage

hope those are genuine lights and not cheap knock off depo garbage

They be Genuine :) Was Exactly the same and even had the BMW logo on the light bulb adaptors.

Magneti Marelli / Automotive Lighting are the OE providers of lights for the E46 from Research and my purchase confirmed it so no cheap stuff used here!

Edited by M3_Boy
  • Like 1

More parts have arrived!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Just waiting on the rear subframe reinforcement plates from Reddish Motorsport and we are off and running!

Things to do for Rear End Overhaul:

Diff seals

All Rear end bushings/arms Overhaul

Rear Brake Shoes Overhaul

Rear Subframe Reinforcement

The car has also gone in for front end (bonnet, bumper and guards) respray to get rid of all the stone chips.

• Like 1

This car was already pretty mint.

Can't wait to see it again one day once you've given it your treatment!

After 7 years since the last M3, I guess you can say I can be a bit OTT with the car haha!

• Like 1

Chrome Bulbs have arrived - No more Egg Yolk Effect!

265295f444d1434c0830aaac232dc1e3.jpg

cf42c9d53d72fce164dc75013bca4d73.jpg

50866f7ca70cf6505a68b8f051c0a2a9.jpg

i

Where did u find them?

Picked up some CSL suspension and CSL Sway Bar set for the M3 from Germany.

Need to refresh the rear shocks for the CSL suspension but the fronts look good enough as it is, having only done 30000kms.

This maintenance project has grown to include the front end suspension components as well and is hurting the wallet exponentially!

Picked up some CSL suspension and CSL Sway Bar set for the M3 from Germany.

Need to refresh the rear shocks for the CSL suspension but the fronts look good enough as it is, having only done 30000kms.

This maintenance project has grown to include the front end suspension components as well and is hurting the wallet exponentially!

Mind me asking how much you picked up the use suspension for? Reason I ask is the stock suspension isn't actually that expensive to buy new and they are not rebuildable so the market for used sets is actually fairly small. I sincerely hope you didn't pay a fortune for these!!

Mind me asking how much you picked up the use suspension for? Reason I ask is the stock suspension isn't actually that expensive to buy new and they are not rebuildable so the market for used sets is actually fairly small. I sincerely hope you didn't pay a fortune for these!!

Hey Tom, I got the whole set for 80 bucks NZD. Shipping is another 100 and they're on their way as we speak :)

• Like 2

Rebuilt the driver side caliper today with new seals today with a mate.

Turned out well and it was good to clean out and restore the caliper and top up with new brake fluid.

Will do passenger side later once I get more time.

df8de05934c44ea33d35166e92291af2.jpg577ba717c9ab4eee5ae7e8ac464200ce.jpg

Edited by M3_Boy
  • Like 1

Changed the hub covers back to stock standard from the black carbon look covers.

The old ones were the incorrect type and were obviously cheap ebay ones and the driver side has actually fallen off while driving.

From this:

Posted Image

To this

Posted Image

Nice work ... love the colour and look of your car.. and even more so your keeping it all serviced and mint.

Only problem is, it escalated rather quickly so the whole underside of the car/suspension side of things will get a full revamp.

I just don't know how much I've spent on parts that I'm still hoarding and still not on the car hahaha!

While everyone is probably drinking away and having fun, I work on the M3 changing out the White Interior leds to Warm White ones :P

Posted Image

Posted Image

• Like 2

Love the holidays, getting lots done!

This time the steering wheel, had peeling paint so decided to wrap it until I get my hands on a new steering wheel.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image