Sign in to follow this  
earon

M3 CS Maintenance Project

Got the Ignition Coils swapped out and my goodness... The car feels like new again!

Idle was improved after the new AFM but now the idle is dead even.

The car has just recovered some previously lost performance and now shows no hesitation or lag when I step on the gas.

The smoothness and responsiveness of the engine can be felt while driving as well

In with the new improved one piece Bosch coils:

Posted Image

Out with the old two piece design Bosch coils:

Posted Image

What really freaked me out when I pulled the old ones out was that the clear plastic coating was starting to degrade on the old coils and upon initial viewing it looked as if the coils were covered in oil. Luckily enough this was not the case.

I was also shocked to find a Bremi coil usually found in the 2001-2002 cars (that was recalled in America) in cylinder 6.

Its good to know now that all the coils in the car are now the updated one piece Bosch Units and that my car is ticking along efficiently!

The coils collectively cost about 180 bucks all up and delivered from numerous sources on German and UK Ebay.

If you are getting the Bosch coils for the E46 M3 make sure the coils are from the Blue box not the yellow ones as some have complained that the Yellow ones don't work well with our cars even though the part numbers are the same.

reset your adaptions as trim tables would have adjusted for lack of spark.

Another day another Delivery!

fb5923c28c0169d30fe71a1827fd001f.jpg

Genuine EVO Flat Wipers

Genuine Lock Nuts

Genuine Coin Box to go with my Cup Holders

Genuine Gearbox Mounts

Genuine Valve Cover Gasket

Pagid Rear Brake Pads

Edited by M3_Boy

also need new cup holders. where do you source from?

Hate to tell you those wipers fit like sh*t ... Tried them and binned them. Doesn't fit the e46 windscreen very well.

I tried those wipers, one pair sucked and I binned them too. Tried again and this set is fine. Smooth, no noise, 10/10, would wipe again.

• Like 1

Looks like it wipes well though? Smooth and no noise?

I do see what Tom is talking about fitment though:

10757a5357026d4fdf4b6e2a0437dbdd.jpg

It sort of lifts right at the edge hence the feedback Tom gave but it seems to be doing its job so I will see how it goes in the rain.

Edited by M3_Boy
  • Like 1

Damn it lads! Tell me what you're talking about????

What are "Evo" wipers?

Here we go:

Posted Image

They're the flat wiper blades that are used on the new cars these days :)

Here we go:

They're the flat wiper blades that are used on the new cars these days :)

Okay... so still a little in the dark - is "Evo" just some random BMW nomenclature meaning "new"? Or does it refer to an "Evolution" car model (eg E30 or E36 M3)?

Edited by M3AN

I think its just another marketing ploy on BMW's front to get guys like me to buy wiper blades :)

On another note:

Before

Posted Image

After

Posted Image

I haz cup holders now :P

• Like 2

Just some easy stuff for tonight, hated my Aluminum BMW Performance accelerator pedal as it was bubbling.

So I got the Sander out and gave a good sand!

Came out very nice and saved myself some money in replacing them with new ones.

Posted Image

Posted Image

• Like 1

I tried those wipers, one pair sucked and I binned them too. Tried again and this set is fine. Smooth, no noise, 10/10, would wipe again.

same here. refills in my original 13 year old wiper blades failed last year, bit bullet and went to Jeff Gray. $100 later I had fitted these new-fangled blades. They work well, wipe well. Nice clear vision. Only downside is the rubber they use only lasts 6 months - now wear is evident, and they're starting to chatter. I was getting longer life on Silicon.

Looked at supersheep auto on the weekend, their equivalents come to about $90, and don't have the tidy clip profile. I'll stick with the BMW blades. Is there a source in NZ for the BMW wipers that is more reasonably priced than 100 clams? PN 61 61 0 037 027

cheers

There are ebay clones that I have tried on an e36 that worked OK. But YMMV. Worth a punt for $30 or what ever.

There are ebay clones that I have tried on an e36 that worked OK. But YMMV. Worth a punt for $30 or what ever.

I tried some Chinese Ebay wipers once, they were ok at first but after a few weeks they got so noisy that I put my 'worn' Bosch wipers back on :D

Bosch wipers are excellent.