Sign in to follow this  
J~~

E46 Fan not working

Hey guys I have a 2002 318ci and yesterday the fan stopped blowing air into the vents for the cabin. Air con still works and i can still feel the cold air if the car is moving but no air at all if the car is still no matter how high I put the fan speed. Could it be the FSR thats shot being a Singa import or could it be something else. Any idea how much it is to fix?

Edit: Checked fuses too and its not blown

Cheers

Edited by Swift

Easy fix @ Hellbm

^^^^^^ And E38 & E39 & E53 & Range Rover.....

Thought my FSU had gone one E39 no:2, but no, the actual HVAC panel is faulty... Swaped in the panel from no:1 after swapping FSU's to no avail....

Its nearly always the hedgehog (fsr), but you need to replace with a genuine one as the cheap ones just crap out really quick.

Also cause its in a difficult place to access you dont want to be doing it twice.

I did ours. Twice. Because the first FSR I was supplied turned out to be a Chinese one. :dodgy:  (No names, no pack drill.) That was replaced and then installed a 'real' one - no problems since.

I found it an almighty PITA job, trying to squeeze myself upside down in the drivers footwell under the steering wheel, but it did give me a reason to buy a set of Torx T-bars. Maybe it gets easier with practice? Glenn (Botany MotorWorx) and Ray (HellBM) both assured e it was easy, but I suspect they've done a few before.

Might be easier if you can hoist the car up...