Sign in to follow this  
martyyyn

1990 535is

A couple of people have asked me how the car is going so I took a few shots after a quick clean today. I was seriously thinking of selling it recently but I've decided to keep it and fix the issues which have been bugging me.

Done:

BBS RZ412 refurbished.

Rear damage fixed and painted.

Added Bluetooth to factory stereo.

Sanded, filled and painted the bumper trim.

Replaced all door handle rubbers.

To Do:

Replace faulty LKM.

Passenger seat thigh support and headrest not working.

Drivers seat headrest not working.

Drivers outer door trim not sitting correctly.

Door cards need reparing as the sun has melted the passenger one.

Aircon not working.

New bonnet and bootlid badges.

Add 535is badge to rear.

Paint wing mirrors and take care of stone chips.

Tints. Need something to handle the Kapiti Coast sun.

Drop the front if possible. Currently on Bilsteins and Eibach springs but the front is 10-20mm more than I would like.

Rear screen heater not working.

Leather recondition.

Rear passenger door handle sticks open.

Driver rear door doesn't lock with central locking.

Tint rear indicators red.

Rest of car could really do with a paint correction etc, but I need someone on the Kapiti Coast to help sort that out.

Various trim clips need fixing/replacing.

It's a much bigger list when I write it out like that, perhaps an e39 530 msport is a better bet after all. Still, not bad for having just clocked up 300k kms.

post-5221-0-19304300-1421385827_thumb.jp

post-5221-0-12164900-1421385897_thumb.jp

post-5221-0-29265900-1421385957_thumb.jp

post-5221-0-68597700-1421385980_thumb.jp

post-5221-0-47040100-1421386040_thumb.jp

post-5221-0-11541300-1421386076_thumb.jp

post-5221-0-90123500-1421386204_thumb.jp

• Like 3

Looks Ace.

wow it looks so nice!!! Would love to see it in person at the next welly meet (if one ever happens) :ph34r:
Always wanted an E34, if you sell, keep me in mind.

The LKM was soldered by an auto electrician not long afer i got the car Martyn.The headlights went out about halfway round a fast LH sweeper near Tauraunga .I had only had the car 1 day.Goodness knows how i managed to flick on the fog lights.

Its sorta a daunting list but gosh it looks for 25 yrs old.

I am gonna call ist dibs if you ever decide to sell.I havent got room for it but....

Wheels look good!

Stunning. Those wheels are outrageous.

What a beaut.

Those wheels finish it off for sure!

BBS RZ 412 et 13 17x8.5 they a bastard to keep clean

Edited by kiwi535

All nice wheels suck to clean, however you've done a good job!

Mmmm nice car Martyyn. So this was the one you used to have Paul?

correct

wow it looks so nice!!! Would love to see it in person at the next welly meet (if one ever happens) :ph34r:

Always wanted an E34, if you sell, keep me in mind.

My boy wants to go to the next open day at Southwards which is March 1st or something. If there is ever a Wellington meet on this side of the city I could be persuaded to turn up.

The LKM was soldered by an auto electrician not long afer i got the car Martyn.....Its sorta a daunting list but gosh it looks for 25 yrs old.

I am gonna call ist dibs if you ever decide to sell.I havent got room for it but....

I may have put the wrong acronym Paul, it's the check control which is playing up. In that it doesn't do the usual checks at start up. It's been a while since my e32 so I can't remember whether they are the same thing or different and which is causing the problem. It is a long list and I need to add the drivers door stop jamb to it as well ! But I will start getting through them in the next couple of months.

It's going into Mike Page shortly soon for a service and to see if we can get the aircon going again. It's murder being on the Kapiti Coast with neither and makes driving it quite unpleasant. Somewhere in there I will get it tinted as lightly as possible. I don't wan't it looking too dark.

Thanks Grant. It's been very well looked after in our ownership.....eh Paul ;)

BBS RZ 412 et 13 17x8.5 they a bastard to keep clean

Yep, that's them. They look much better having been refurbished but need to go back as there are some paint runs. Once done I'll coat them in wax and use Dragon's Breath to keep them clean. I also ended up with some brake pads Vijay suggested which produce a lot less dust than stock pads. I haven't noticed much of a drop in braking performance either.

My boy wants to go to the next open day at Southwards which is March 1st or something. If there is ever a Wellington meet on this side of the city I could be persuaded to turn up.

I may have put the wrong acronym Paul, it's the check control which is playing up. In that it doesn't do the usual checks at start up. It's been a while since my e32 so I can't remember whether they are the same thing or different and which is causing the problem. It is a long list and I need to add the drivers door stop jamb to it as well ! But I will start getting through them in the next couple of months.

It's going into Mike Page shortly soon for a service and to see if we can get the aircon going again. It's murder being on the Kapiti Coast with neither and makes driving it quite unpleasant. Somewhere in there I will get it tinted as lightly as possible. I don't wan't it looking too dark.

Thanks Grant. It's been very well looked after in our ownership.....eh Paul ;)

Yep, that's them. They look much better having been refurbished but need to go back as there are some paint runs. Once done I'll coat them in wax and use Dragon's Breath to keep them clean. I also ended up with some brake pads Vijay suggested which produce a lot less dust than stock pads. I haven't noticed much of a drop in braking performance either.

LKM is light control module(i thought)