Sign in to follow this  
HSB

Carjacking

Just move to the South Island. Car theft still exists by don't think car jackings do. And no one is interested in bmws here. All about RfknB's!

door locks; even e 30s have em.Pretty sure that if you push down the drivers door lock doesnt the whole car deadlock?Doenst help you corvertible types though!

Just move to the South Island. Car theft still exists by don't think car jackings do. And no one is interested in bmws here. All about RfknB's!

Hmm, I'm not sure any of my cars have door locks or not. Must try them sometime. Nothing happens here, last event front page news was someone's letterbox got bowled over, mystery unsolved. Turned out to be a hoax.

This. The day my 200sx got stolen was shithouse however the plus side was I replaced it with a BMW and never get looked at twice. Left the car unlocked with the window down one night. Everything was still there in the morning

Yea I've left my ute unlocked a few times overnight with at least 5k+ worth of tools inside and usually have drums of cable on the back. Nothing gone missing so far

I started a thread recently about my brother's Euro R being stolen in Wellington, which was found the next day on the other side of town missing

my mates car got nicked last night while we were out from downtown Wellington and found 2km away this morning on Oriental Parade....nothing stolen but all her child's stuff was torn up inside (change bag, nappies, xmas presents, blankets etc).

honestly what goes through some peoples head...

my mates car got nicked last night while we were out from downtown Wellington and found 2km away this morning on Oriental Parade....nothing stolen but all her child's stuff was torn up inside (change bag, nappies, xmas presents, blankets etc).

honestly what goes through some peoples head...

Scum! It's almost worse finding your car once it's been nicked, you end up having to deal with getting it back if it's f**ked, dealing with insurance (who more often than not are no better than the crooks who stole the car), then your premiums go up, you're out of pocket for the excess, and mostly, in my opinion anyway, you don't want to drive/own a car that some piece of sh*t has butchered and thrashed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Back in around 1999 a mate of mine had his fathers Falcon GT car jacked on Queen Street. Him and his father had just finished restoring the $70K Falcon and as a reward for helping he was allowed to go into town. Bottom of Queen a large Maori reached through the window and put a knife to his throat. Car was never seen again.

That would certainly rip your nightie!

So, who wants to order some detonators to strap to your fuel tank and wire them up to a GSM module so when you ring your car it explodes.

Would rather destroy my car and take scumbag with it, then let someone else destroy it.

• Like 2

Uhhh... GPS tracker with immobiliser might be more appropriate. No way would I voluntarily blow up my car. Well unless it was a Honda or corolla then that's a good idea.

well, a honda is probably more likely to get jacked.

would exploding Torneo's deter theives?

A baseball bat cannot be classed as a weapon if it is accompanied by a glove and ball. I believe the alloy bats are the better ones

• Like 2

Yeah when I was 17 I got jumped outside work when I jumped into my e30. Some fairly normal looking guy waved me down in the car park and being the good c that I am, I pulled up to see what was wrong. He then said what are you looking at and if I had an eye problem (lol). He then grabbed me by the collar and started punching me in the head which was nice, and said to give him all my money and my phone. Luckily for some reason I didn't have my phone that day and only had my eftpos card on me so he said "your going to drive me to the bank and get all your money out". Sweet as bei, Being 17 I had about $30 in overdraft in my account anyway. Then he ripped my mitre ten name badge off and said if you drive off I'm going to find you and went to walk round the front of the car. I put the car into first and launched it at him harder than I have ever launched the race car even. He managed to just get tagged on the leg and I drove off. Had I hit him I swear to baby Jebus I would have reversed and run him over multiple times.

He didn't come back to find me.

That's one of about 7 times that's happened to me in my younger days. Admittedly I was asking for it driving around in nice cars. Zzz

• Like 6

Yeah when I was 17 I got jumped outside work when I jumped into my e30. Some fairly normal looking guy waved me down in the car park and being the good c that I am, I pulled up to see what was wrong. He then said what are you looking at and if I had an eye problem (lol). He then grabbed me by the collar and started punching me in the head which was nice, and said to give him all my money and my phone. Luckily for some reason I didn't have my phone that day and only had my eftpos card on me so he said "your going to drive me to the bank and get all your money out". Sweet as bei, Being 17 I had about $30 in overdraft in my account anyway. Then he ripped my mitre ten name badge off and said if you drive off I'm going to find you and went to walk round the front of the car. I put the car into first and launched it at him harder than I have ever launched the race car even. He managed to just get tagged on the leg and I drove off. Had I hit him I swear to baby Jebus I would have reversed and run him over multiple times.

That's one of about 7 times that's happened to me in my younger days. Admittedly I was asking for it driving around in nice cars. Zzz

so many phrases in this made me laugh out loud at my computer hahaha :lol:

but no good.

[flash=]

I hope he has a limp to remind him of this...

A baseball bat cannot be classed as a weapon if it is accompanied by a glove and ball. I believe the alloy bats are the better ones

Yep the alloy ones are better , but the wooden ones feels nicer ;)

• Like 1

I'm always cautious pulling up at lights after dark. I leave a my power/breaker bar with a socket on the end under my drivers seat, have only ever needed to pull it out once luckily...as a deterant to a fellow road rager who decided to get out of his car when we stopped at a set of lights lol.

The old fashioned "krooklok" devices that were used to lock either the steering wheel or hand-brake & gearstick were also good for that!