Sign in to follow this  
Rohil

E30 Seats Replace

Hi Guys,

I was at a pick a part and i scored some nifty vinyl and cloth seats out of a Porsche 928! They need a bit of love in the form of restitching but ill get that done later. Theyre surprisingly very similar to the size of an E30 seat, which is great, and they look friggin' awesome too, and being manual operated seats i dont need to worry about wiring. But for now id really appreciate some help on getting them in.

I realise that the seat belt is attached to the existing seat in my '85 sedan E30. I was wondering if i could grab the seat belt rail out of a coupe and install them? That'll take care of the seat belt issue. And then i can get some plates fabbed up for the seat rails which shouldnt be too difficult.

So on to the back seats. For obvious reasons i didnt get the 928 rear seats. BUT, i was thinking of going E36 leather rear seat, which comes with the middle arm rest (im hoping it lines up with the ski pass in the E30. I plan to knock out the metal and put hinges and a lock on it so i can open and close it from inside the cabin). I have seen the E36 leather rear seats being retrofitted into an E30 on a forum, but for the life of me i cant find it and trust me i have searched. I want to know how this can be achieved, or at least be pointed in the right direction. I know it is possible, but i need help on how.

I think the 928 seats once recovered in black will look super mega awesome balls with a e36 black leather rear seat. Ill try get some photos up ASAP. But seriously, any help would be much appreciated! So in advance, thanks guys!