Sign in to follow this  
bmwwgn

BMW etk no longer working?!

Has anyone else found that the 'Options' selection has disappeared from the BMW etk?

This means we can no longer view production data for any BMW using this website, despite having the 7-digit serial number.

Yeah - it stopped a while ago, and I'm damned it I can find it anywhere else on the site.

Some of the other sites might still work though.

You may find it'll become something they'll charge us for, like VW's erwin :(

Thanks for the above link, Matth5.

That's a much more user-friendly site.

Have it bookmarked as a favourite now.

Cheers

what does....

S940A Sonderwunsch Ausstattung special equipment BMW Individual

...mean?

Google translate has Sonderwunsch Ausstattung As special request! it could be a special paint colour, leather, mirrors etc hence the individual label I believe.

Google translate has Sonderwunsch Ausstattung As special request! it could be a special paint colour, leather, mirrors etc hence the individual label I believe.

i do have the feeling already that calypso was special order only, does seem rare

what does....

S940A Sonderwunsch Ausstattung special equipment BMW Individual

...mean?

Option code 940 is basically a "flag" in the system that the car needs to have some Individual parts fitted during build.

Special colours would have code 490 Special Paint in the colour info section. Although there are SABI colours (still individual, but have their own code - if that makes sense) that have colour codes like X11. What code is listed for your colour?

Option code 940 is basically a "flag" in the system that the car needs to have some Individual parts fitted during build.

Special colours would have code 490 Special Paint in the colour info section. Although there are SABI colours (still individual, but have their own code - if that makes sense) that have colour codes like X11. What code is listed for your colour?

WBABB22060EC16319

i can't think of any option on the car that isn't on that list other than the sport seats, but would have thought thats standard on all cabs?

Calypso is colour code 252 on there, doesn't look like a SABI code.

At the very bottom is an explanation of the Individual items, where it says LA Neeuwzeeland, rest is in German though. Possibly tourist delivery handling? Will check at work on Monday when I can see it in English.

Very odd, I can't seem to find the info in English on any of the various systems, all coming up in German abbreviations. Will keep digging when I get some time!

thanks Jon, pretty sure its not tourist delivery, the service booklet is filled in here from day dot

Jon, what do you make of

"Individualausstattung Kein Zugriff - Geschuetzte Fahrzeugdaten", "Individual equipment No access - protected vehicle data").

?

i have 5 cds etk,tis etc.You pay the postage you can have em.Oldish. 8 series info on there

Jon, what do you make of

?

Hmm, I think that means you're poking around somewhere you shouldn't and a big red warning light has gone off in Munich!

Possibly a system access issue, or it could be a "security" option fitted on the car. PM me the VIN and I'll have a look here see if I can get any more out of the system.

Car doesn't exist anymore has been wrecked. VIN was bw70001. Press car maybe?