Sign in to follow this  
BruceMW

2001 320D Power Loss problem. BM Workshop or Team Mc Millan.

Just bought a 2001 320d for my wife (although Im finding myself driving it a lot). Already having power loss problems intermittently which seems to be an issue with these according to the internet. Got a diagnostic run by Botany Motor Worx who told me to go to Team McMillan for a more detailed diagnosis but Im thinking about going to B M Workshop in Botany just because I live out that way and Id rather establish a relationship with a place I may go to more often. What do you all think?

Edited by BruceMW

Glenn from Botany Motor Worx is on here a fair bit.

I have some vague recollection of MAF probelms, Crank Sensor Problems and variable turbo vane actuators being liekly culprits, though you'd need to see what codes were logged and what it shows during driving.

There aren't too many diesels in NZ, so the knowledge base is going to be a lot smaller than overseas.

Please keep us posted. I'm keen to hear what you find... I don't think we have any serious power loss issues with our 2002 320d, but it'd be good to know where to look in the event it does happen.

Good luck.

• Like 1

I did say the fault may need a dyno to accurately determine the true fault under driving load conditions. I may be wrong... I can be quite frequently

• Like 1

Will keep you all informed. Must add that the guys at Botany Motor Worx were very helpful and prompt.