Sign in to follow this  
agent75

2 door E30 318i manual

Just bought a tidy manual 318i off my mates mum. Its a wee beauty. just enough poke for a laugh. small and light enough with the unbeatable combo of manual gearbox, rear wheel drive and 2 doors. boom. she had the infamous cam issue a 20000 or so km ago and had the cam an followers replaced so pretty happy there. I was just wondering if there is anything I can do to the oil feed rail or whatever is the root cause to try and stop it happening again. I did the cam belt the other day to get that demon out of the way .If it dies oneday i guess ill put an m42 or something in it (not sure how hard that is) .

I took it for a spirited drive up the port hills the other night and it was great fun but the handling could do with a bit more tautness. does anyone local have the thicker front and a rear sway bar from one of the 325i models? is that a good handling mod? what aother sympathetic handling mods are best to start with? i possibly could look at the bushes etc too.

Any way I'm lovin it, rust free and very straight and seems to be plenty of life left in her.

• Like 1

Welcome Shane,

Sounds like a great little car, here's all you need to know to sort out that handling; shocks, springs, bushes, seats, brakes, belts, cage.. :)

Come and join the fun.

Cheers, John

• Like 1