Sign in to follow this  
BM WORLD

nav disc for a NZ new E64 M6 and other ice questions

have this 2007 e64 M6

nz new etc

but there is no nav disc in the dvd player drive

wants involved in getting one of these??

the car is spec'd to have navigation etc

also whats required to get a ipod or usb device to play music through it etc

also it has blutooth in the menu but I cant get it to sync with my iphone 5s

thanks brent

post-279-0-06132900-1423275171_thumb.jpg

post-279-0-38952200-1423275175_thumb.jpg

Have you checked the s/n number on the bluetooth transponder to pair the device to the audio system?

You can contact NavNz who advertise on Trademe, I picked up the latest NZ map DVD for my UK imported 06 M5 for $99.00. Give them a call and they should be able to confirm if they can sort out what you need.

The other option is to go through BMW however from a cost perspective its a touch more expensive...

Re Bluetooth pairing there are a few helpful guides on the web.

However off the top of my head the process goes along the lines of.

Make sure BT is turned on in idrive (select in idrive info, settings, scroll down to Bluetooth and make sure BT option is ticked)

Suggest you may want to delete any old devices already paid from previous owners. Existing pairings show under the phone menu. Select device then select remove device

Select phone and you should see the pair new telephone option.

Select that option and then Start pairing.

Now on your phone go to settings, BT (make sure BT is enabled) and you should see the cars BT as a device to pair with (My phone shows the device listed as BMW1234 ect) select the BMWxxxx on the phone.

Idrive will prompt you to create a pass code eg 1234. Create passcode and then select confirm passcode.

Enter passcode into iphone when prompted.

And that should hopefully get your phone paired.

Re playing music my car came with a aux audio jack, which is a usb and headphone jack in the centre console, I bought a BMW Y connector cable off ebay which did it he job of connecting my iPhone 4s to idrive, the iPhone has since imploded so I have an old iPod pluggd in.

If your car does not have the aux audio option and you have a CD stacker in the glove box I think there are a number of after market modules that can be used to replace the CD stacker and connect media devices into idrive.

Good luck.

If it's jap probably require Nav and radio upgrade module same as my 06 e61, I wacked a new Bluetooth and usb iPod conection in at same time. Auto gravity are the guys for it. Few dollars but great result.

Duh just thread title nz new, forgot that LOL....

Edited by Breaker

have this 2007 e64 M6

nz new etc

but there is no nav disc in the dvd player drive

wants involved in getting one of these??

the car is spec'd to have navigation etc

also whats required to get a ipod or usb device to play music through it etc

also it has blutooth in the menu but I cant get it to sync with my iphone 5s

thanks brent

If you post your vin number, I can check to see if the bluetooth module is install in your car or not. However, from the picture you have posted, the idrive software is way too old, which is year 2004, looks like your car has not been updated since that time. but your said your car is 2007? so I believe the CCC computer has been replaced with a used one from 2004.

Also even you have bmw oem bluetooth, you will not be able to see the contact name, because it does not compatible with iPhone contact name push profile