Sign in to follow this  
E30320i

Rock Bottom, How do i remove This Paint?

My car is in the wars atm, It currently has a smashed window (someone broke into it), and I drove through House paint on the road.

I do not have any idea how to get it off, I have tried everything from Ridiculously strong paint thinner putty to WD-40, but house paint cannot come off without damaging the original paint.

So unless anyone has any ideas how to solve this issue, ill have to get the whole door e.t.c repainted :(

Here is a few pictures

post-16559-0-12999400-1423603931.jpg

post-16559-0-21232900-1423603937.jpg

post-16559-0-78138200-1423603947.jpg

If it's enamel paint it'll be tough but if it's water-based then you should be able to pick it off carefully, then cut and polish out any scratches you make picking the house paint off.

where are you in NZ? come see me if you are in Auckland or the North Shore. I will be able to get it off for ya

• Like 1

try lots of different chemicals - turps, acetone, petrol, different type of paint thinners. Normally water based paint shuold come off easily, but i guess this is not a normal water based interior paint....

Also try heat gun, sharp blade

jif with scotch brite pad -> I have used that succesfully in the past, however it will require a buff and polish afterwards - finishing off with soem scratchX

If it is an acrylic paint. Soak a rag in meths n lightly rub you will see in seconds if it will soften I dissolve the paint. Good luck. Also do this asap!

• Like 1

Boiling water straight from the jug should do it. But I would think general thinners should do the trick, just don't go overboard.

if all else fails, a wet sand will likely take it off. The paint will need a good cut and polish afterwards though (but i suspect youll need that no matter what you do to get it off).