Sign in to follow this  
Apex

Awesome cars picture thread.

Hi Guys,

When I said "... in the BMW world" I meant made by BMW. But o.k. How about this, I have always loved this thing. It looks like thousands of dollars and thousands of man hours putting this thing together, and if you hear the thing on video, it's pretty wicked.

541122-888x500.jpg?resize=825%2C500

I always liked this thing. Just thought a few picked out details to break up the black wouldn't have gone astray.

• Like 2

I always liked this thing. Just thought a few picked out details to break up the black wouldn't have gone astray.

I guess he thought he was breaking it up with the shiny rims. Because other than the feet, shes pretty 'murdered' alright!

11053658_10155450854560112_3170188542729

This looks OK though. And. and, and.. There is a BMW connection with this next Supra, so you may just giz everywhere my friend..

11053360_10153194556243622_7329697327138

• Like 1

post-5616-0-76650000-1429351376.jpg

post-5616-0-17453800-1429351546_thumb.jp

article about these in local paper over weekend,

can see a lot of different brands depending on the view angle but quite stunning

• Like 1

I just luv the work these guys do.

2010 BMW M6 Convertible "Stormtrooper" by Vilner

bmw-stormtrooper-by-w.jpg

bmw-stormtrooper-by--19w.jpg

bmw-stormtrooper-by--18w.jpg

bmw-stormtrooper-by--2w.jpg

bmw-stormtrooper-by--23w.jpg

bmw-stormtrooper-by--16w.jpg

8998375981933221694.jpg

Edited by kulgan

Italian E30

ghibli_2_zpslacba5ae.jpg

Shamal_III-05a_zpsglhylkjy.jpg

alex_ghibli_open_cup-24a_zpsmtldnj0x.jpg

phapphap

didnt know what it is so i google biturbo and found it from there!

Maserati Ghibli mmmmmmmmm

• Like 1

I just luv the work these guys do.

bmw-stormtrooper-by-w.jpg

bmw-stormtrooper-by--19w.jpg

bmw-stormtrooper-by--18w.jpg

bmw-stormtrooper-by--16w.jpg

8998375981933221694.jpg

Damn it. Resorting to replying to my own post now.

Thats 2 Vilner posts I've done and both have been the last post on a page.

This ones gonna get noticed for sure...lol

Edited by kulgan

OMFG!! What is that interior supposed to be?? Leather that looks like it's made of wood? The steering wheel alone would make me not want to drive that car. Imagine staring at that for hours on end...

Got noticed alright, but not for the right reasons..ewww.

• Like 1

OMFG!! What is that interior supposed to be?? Leather that looks like it's made of wood? The steering wheel alone would make me not want to drive that car. Imagine staring at that for hours on end...

Got noticed alright, but not for the right reasons..ewww.

I guess theres no accounting for taste..lol

Yours or mine..

Busy editing the photos of the car I shot today.

Just. Agh.

Owner also has BMW M4. Jealousy level 1000

post-32854-0-58894200-1429513923_thumb.j

Eww, the Vilner is a bit garish for me, sounds too close to vulgar. It looks like it would be quite a homely place to be...if you're a Stormtrooper?

I think the M6 is decadent enough, but the Vilner just didn't know when to stop..unless wings sprout from the sides and it takes off like a plane?

How about something simpler, there a re a few design concepts I like about this still. Too bad, none of them will make it into production for a variety of reasons, one, because of the strict design protocols based mainly on how we crash into people and secondly because no one wants to do 'simple' anymore. The 328 Concept.

04286670-photo-villa-d-este-2011-bmw-328

• Like 1

The effort required is pretty low, but this is probably the best looking Falcon that Ford has made:

XR8-1.JPG?maxHeight=574&maxWidth=960&val

x2014-ford-fgx-falcon-xr8-3.jpg.pagespee

Disclaimer: not saying this is an "awesome car", I just think they've done a good job and look better than any other Falcon and the current Holdens.

• Like 3

It's kinda sad how blatantly the Aston Martin grill has been ripped off within the Ford Range.

Ford Falcon, Focus and Mondeo all have it.

Not cool.

• Like 3

The effort required is pretty low, but this is probably the best looking Falcon that Ford has made:

XR8-1.JPG?maxHeight=574&maxWidth=960&val

x2014-ford-fgx-falcon-xr8-3.jpg.pagespee

Disclaimer: not saying this is an "awesome car", I just think they've done a good job and look better than any other Falcon and the current Holdens.

I agree,

I cannot workout for the life of me why this cannot become a global car for Falcon, it has the correct 'design language' is 'up-to-date' uses a version of the ford v8, blah blah, and its not a bad car, there are worse cars out there than this one. Doesn't help the Mondeo is now as large, but a LHD version would be great I would think in the USA? I would have this over the Taurus, but hey.

"there are worse cars out there than this one"

How very British sounding.

That paragraph sums up Ford Falcons of the last couple of decades.

If people are going to buy them, they need to be better than that, they need merits of their own, a good reason to buy.

The truth is, they are no longer relevant and can no longer compete when the competitors products are superior in almost every way (almost, discounting the performance bargain these cars are) if you want a large family car you buy a SUV or crossover or switch to cars like the Mondeo, a fantastic car in its own right.

Don't get me wrong, I am a huge Ford fan, grew up in a ford family, my parents both drive new Fords and have owned many generations of Falcon.. but, thats a fond childhood memory, looked back on through an instergram filter.

Dads XF Fairmont Ghia had cigarette lighters for the whole family with one in each door, now thats what they need to bring back, nothing says luxury like multiple cigarette lighters.. TBH, it would be handy for charging multiple devices.

_S9Y9574.jpg

• Like 3

I agree,

I cannot workout for the life of me why this cannot become a global car for Falcon, it has the correct 'design language' is 'up-to-date' uses a version of the ford v8, blah blah, and its not a bad car, there are worse cars out there than this one. Doesn't help the Mondeo is now as large, but a LHD version would be great I would think in the USA? I would have this over the Taurus, but hey.

Put very simply, cost. They cannot produce a car in Aussie, and ship it around the world to sell at a competitive price and still make money.

Whole list of reasons why, from the costs of production in Aussie, the exchange rates, declining "large car" markets, strength of competitors, etc.

When I first arrived in NZ I had a couple of Falcons as company cars, and realistically, on a global scale they were nowhere near the mark. I haven't driven the latest version, but it would need to have come on in leaps and bounds.

• Like 2

Put very simply, cost. They cannot produce a car in Aussie, and ship it around the world to sell at a competitive price and still make money.

Whole list of reasons why, from the costs of production in Aussie, the exchange rates, declining "large car" markets, strength of competitors, etc.

When I first arrived in NZ I had a couple of Falcons as company cars, and realistically, on a global scale they were nowhere near the mark. I haven't driven the latest version, but it would need to have come on in leaps and bounds.

I can't speak for overseas, but the new XR8 (335kw, 570nm) for $70k in New Zealand is great value in my book.

They look better, the transmission is not a bad thing, the V8's are grunty as is the turbo six. They are mechanically reliable and cheap to maintain and fix. They handle well vs a SUV of the same retail cost. The Australian and New Zealand auto journalists still give them a good rating, perhaps with a bit romantic empathy to the past.

Unfortunately they are still built poorly, a mate runs new XR6's in his company and has had a few interesting warranty claims, one involved a complete respray, another a re upholster. They are cheaply built, O.K in the 90's but you can't offer that crap these days. Hence my British comment, they are like the last of that sort of quality.

The driving position is still bad and the chassis still has far too much flex for a modern car, for example, it flexes more than a 20 year old BMW E39.

On the upside, he has a large car that can comfortably fit 5 adults, leather seats, decent media system, nice 19" wheels, a tow ball with a capacity to tow his large boat, and the fleet discounts on buying a few of them are phenomenal, at what they cost him there really was no competition, even Commodores equivalent SV6 was over 10k more.

With the likes of the new Mustang launching in NZ in factory RHD and priced very well, and other stuff in the range like a Focus, Modeo and fiesta, all world cars and class leaders, I can't see anyone missing them that much at all... bar the morbidly obese people who still need something they can roll in and out of.

Falcon what??

wn3ekmvswilafoyzjjxc.png

• Like 3

I can't speak for overseas, but the new XR8 (335kw, 570nm) for $70k in New Zealand is great value in my book.

Good numbers, but not the kind of numbers that entice buyers in the rest of the world - things like fuel consumption, CO2 emissions, EU rating and all that boring stuff is what people look at due to the running costs of putting petrol in the thing.

When Toddy took me around Manfield in the FP-V with the 355Kw engine it went reasonably well.. as you say good bang for buck, but unfortunately in a dying market segment. BMW UK don't offer V8 petrols in most of the model ranges as they just don't sell anymore.