Sign in to follow this  
Apex

Awesome cars picture thread.

Problem is that the Australian market for Holden and Ford has become too small and too flooded with imports; every other car maker; barring most of the US models, are distributed worldwide.

US models are probably in the same category as the Aussies in terms of value, build quality, specs and style - but they've got the entire US and Canadian market and patriotism is rife!

The end of Falcon is pretty clear when comparing it with Commodore. The last two gen Holdens are pretty decent, equipped, competitive in terms of features, modern, mid-level cars. The interior of that new Falcon hasn't been touched since 2008.

1280px-2010_Ford_Taurus_Limited_1_--_10-

I actually hope to see the Ford Taurus coming to NZ to replace it, and am very surprised that they didn't just share the same platform because it looks the same as the Falcon anyway!!

Problem is its a FWD and not a lot different than the Mondeo. And the Mondeo is actually a bloody good car. Well its good at being a car for people who just want a car.

Large interior.

Economical

Safe

Fast enough

Good handling

Good interior and equipment.

Good stereo that cranks.

What more does a sale rep or middle manager need?

Good numbers, but not the kind of numbers that entice buyers in the rest of the world - things like fuel consumption, CO2 emissions, EU rating and all that boring stuff is what people look at due to the running costs of putting petrol in the thing.

When Toddy took me around Manfield in the FP-V with the 355Kw engine it went reasonably well.. as you say good bang for buck, but unfortunately in a dying market segment. BMW UK don't offer V8 petrols in most of the model ranges as they just don't sell anymore.

Agreed. export is a none option. Its nowhere near where it would need to be for that.

A shame they didn't design it with a world platform in mind way back then... keeping in mind the current Falcon dates back to the AU in architecture/platform. Thats more than 15 years old.

Not funktional. But this would be a nice peacocking car.

29462f19657537d379c90132d2439ec3.jpg

• Like 4

And in honour of this weekend (2007)...

Behold, the mighty DBR9 (click on the image)

post-5267-0-57271800-1434102657_thumb.jp

Edited by Red Dwarf

I love hillclimbs. Fullstop.

• Like 1

^ Agreed. Btw, I was posting it as a bit of a Joke "awesome" car.

I think they do fail a fair bit... the older swoopy CLS worked as it' had the proportions to pull it off.

This looks like a life sized toy car for kids with its little wheels and oversized fenders, lights and grilles. What where they thinking of!?

Who would want a front wheel drive Mercedes anyway? You'd have to be quite deluded if you thought you were impressing anyone. I'd rather have an MPS if I wanted a FWD turbo hatch back coupe thing.

You'd have to be quite deluded if you thought you were impressing anyone.

unfortunately, you are probably wrong on this point

I totally agree with you otherwise, they are horrible looking, must be a different designer recently at MB? i am not sure if i shouold be embarassed to say, but Mercedes of 2012 2013 i really liked.

unfortunately, you are probably wrong on this point

True, I forget people are easily wow'd by things that don't deserve praise.

But its the same thing for a 120i or something, just another generic car with a fancy badge slapped on.

Then again theres always weak cars in any line up now days. Not to say they won't sell in bulk, but that is part of the problem :P

^ Agreed. Btw, I was posting it as a bit of a Joke "awesome" car.

Thank goodness! I want about ot take the piss, coz it look like Mercedes stole there design cues from those butt-ugly Ford Taurus's (tauri?) with the saggy bodywork, dodgy headgasket and suspect transmissions...

• Like 1

:P Yeah pretty much sums it up.

I just don't like any entry level model car... they tend to be a quite an affront to all the bigger well spec'd cars.

• Like 1

ha ha. Fine till you open the doors and it folds in half.

Would be interesting to see it with the rear doors welded closed and the fronts doors stretched a bit.

post-17205-0-91714000-1436005845.jpg

• Like 2

To add to th pic above I came across this today.

Frigging awesome. Pity it's Photoshop and not real.

3388959a.jpg

• Like 1

^what you have there is an E31 with a different nose cone

• Like 1