Sign in to follow this  
BMTHUG

850I V12

I bet the price halved when it left the factory floor with that paint job

• Like 1

Is it 20yrs old for getting this complied ?? I thought it was 25, which this would be close to .......

That one's been hanging around for a while... It's priced about 200% what the market will pay and is another LHD import from Japan that's likely not to have been that well serviced in it's 25 year life. Test drove a couple of recent LHD imports from Japan - both 850i - and they were dogs. One of them was crashed by the mug that bought at Bimmerfest in November.

I bet the price halved when it left the factory floor with that paint job

It didn't leave the factory like that!

Yeah I have my witts about these Jap imports aye. I suppose they are poorly cared for and not well serviced like you say Jooles. Hard to find good condition ones though in all honesty.

Buy a RHD one for $10-12k and spend $8-10k and you'd have a much better car for the same money!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

that sounds like a way better option Julez. Good Idea!

Just wondering whether this is actually Atlantic or Neon Green. Studying the colour palette for the 850i and these colours seem more likely options if the the colour is indeed factory. Unfortunately what maligns vehicles like this one in NZ too is the left-hand drive scenario- reduces the appeal for many. Stock standard 850i's even with excellent provenance and service history (not to mention being NZ new too) sit around on trade me for these days . Shame - as Jooles has illustrated that with some work and love they can be a fabulous car with tremendous road

presence.

• Like 1

I like it.

No accounting for taste, huh? :)

• Like 1