Sign in to follow this  
jdamm

noob to bimmersport

hi guys/gals my names julian,

just doing the intro thing, im not that new to bmw's but want to get to know /meet more bmw fanatics and try and find the right places to get parts/work done locally etc, the people you recommend and trust! and at a fair price(probably asking to much lol)

i have a early 1973 2002 tii that is in need of a bit of tidying up, i could give you a list longer than my hallway as im sure most fanatics would but simply i want this car on the road for next summer........because it needs to be driven!

so new clutch, a bunch of gaskets and rubber mounts, some minor rust and paint , potential engine-gear box strip down/check because they are out of the car and that should do for a while...... not!

give us a yell if you can point me in the right direction or have any info etc,

cheers

post-52256-0-64101500-1423814690_thumb.j post-52256-0-63973300-1423815426_thumb.j

• Like 3

looks like a sweet spot to work on it! welcome!

Sweet car!

I also see any adrenalin poster on the wall. Need to get around to buying it

Cleanest garage I have ever seen bruv. Beautiful car. Welcome to the forum. There are a lot of helpful people on here and a lot of people willing to give advice,professional and experienced, as well as answer questions and assist with finding parts etc. Good bunch of fellas on here

thanks guys, dont worry the garage is getting pretty messy now that ive started pulling the 02 apart, if you haven't seen the adrenalin movie id put it at the top of the list! awesome movie. will be posting up plenty of questions soon.....

im in chch but im not against sending it away to get work done, just would like to avoid it if possible.

Hello and welcome to the forum had a quick google and their is plenty of info their for you on your tii

http://bringatrailer.com/2013/07/26/bat-exclusive-1973-bmw-2002tii-sunroof/

http://www.carbuildindex.com/9530/1973-bmw-2002tii-restoration-the-perfect-build/

It is great to see these cars being brought back to pristine condition.

Edited by tim 325
  • Like 1

Welcome from another tii owner. Yours looks nice! I hope getting it running well goes smoothly.

If you find your engine needs attention, don't rush into rebuilding it. As I have upgraded, I have the one from my car (complete with injection, running well, low mileage top end and rebuilt bottom end) that would be cheaper to buy than any rebuild.

• Like 1