Sign in to follow this  
eliongater

BMW i8 Design Failures

Yeah, such glaringly obvious design failures, totally ruined my enjoyment and overall experience when I drove the i8..

I guess the intention is for customers to never open the hood.

Exactly, and so what? doesnt look like a hell of a lot of user serviceable bits under there anyway.

At the end of the day, the car will be under warranty and service plan for a few years, so no one other than a BMW tech will need to touch it. After that, im sure the aftermarket will come to the party and make life easier for the second/third owners.

Its likely anyone that can afford a brand new i8 wont care much for messing around with it.

• Like 1

Those plastic pulls to open the front will last forever...

... like all the other plastic bits on a BMW... :rolleyes:

And the "emergency door opener"... that breaks as soon as you use it (unless you remember that time you read the manual once), and presumably means you can't get out in an emergency...

And the "emergency door opener"... that breaks as soon as you use it (unless you remember that time you read the manual once), and presumably means you can't get out in an emergency...

So if you drive it into the sea or a lake, you'll panic, break the tabs in your attempt to frantically open the door, and drown :P

• Like 2

Clearly more evidence that shows most of BMWs longtime 'logical' engineers in the 80s-90s are well gone these days, leaving it to the new kids to take their places.

• Like 1

Ha. I'd love to watch someone try work that mechanical door release level & slide underwater in a panicked situation. *snap*