Sign in to follow this  
potzman

Harman Kardon amp/sound processor died - Mini Cooper S - Help!

So I have been loving my highly spec'ed 2004 mini cooper S, such a great little car, and the Harman Kardon audio fit was such an awesome performer. For a small package it really belted out some pumping sound.

I say was as i believe the heart of the system - the Harman Kardon amp/sound processor module in the boot - has died. it ran patchy for a bit recently and before i could do some decent fault finding it has stopped altogether.

Apparently after some net research it is a common thing

Does anybody have one of these lying around that they perhaps removed to upgrade the stereo? or know of where i can find one?

After a solution to get my pumping tunes back, its a long drive in silence...

Thanks

Have a few different types.

Thanks Ray, sent you an email with a few images of the item i have, let me know if you have one.

Hi Ray

Have you got a working one for an E36? I ve got an E36 m3, still cracking after changing all the speakers so must be the amp!

Regards

Mark

Im a bit late, but Mark, the M3 doesnt have the Harmon Kardon system, only the Hifi system so AFAIK no standalone amp.

I know the crackling you mean, it didnt happen with the old headunit and i never had a chance to investigate further. I did note that turning the bass down lessened it enough to not bother me. Might be worth checking the power and ground wiring to the headunit, and maybe running a new ground (i think i just used the one in the loom from memory, i was running low on time).