Sign in to follow this  
cliffdunedin

Angel eye rings and WOF!

Hey guys, got a WOF today but was told by the VTNZ guys that Angel eye rings are now illegal to have and will fail a WOF, I said thats cool and was ready to cut the ballast out so it would pass, but then asked the testing guy to show me this change as it had passed the past few just fine. They spent about 20mins trying to find it but couldn't so gave me the WOF but I just wanna know from you guys if anyone knows if this is true. TIA

Is there really any difference between aftermarket rice rings and factory rice rings?

They would just be considered driving lights wouldn't they.

Is there really any difference between aftermarket rice rings and factory rice rings?

They would just be considered driving lights wouldn't they.

That's exactly what i said to them when they brought up about OEM.

As long as they were fitted correctly and the right color. Maybe he means all the people who have Red ones at the moment.

Seen quite a few people driving around with just their Red Rice Rings on at night. In a car park at a meet okay. But at night on the road.....

Nah these are just cool white ones, i'm just wondering if there actually has been a change in the law re these or the testing dudes were just full of it.

Also had this brought up on my old 328i a few years ago. If they're factory that's fine, but if not and you're using them as park lights you can only have one at the outer most point per side. So only on the low beams. But the guy was like just unplug the centre ones and what you do after the wof is your call. So plugged them back in after

• Like 1

According to the lastest and latest VIRM updates there is no law in there that has been brought upon deeming angel eyes illegal. Sometimes it comes down to testing officer discretion. If they were any other coloured light other than white then that would deem them illegal.