Sign in to follow this  
FRT

M4 with water injection for motoGP

had to check it wasn't april fools.

They must have very fine parameters for when this actually operates? High intake/engine temp, wide open throttle @ high RPM and high road speed?

I'm guessing they've done everything to ensure a boatload of water isn't dumped into the cylinders just as the driver turns off the engine.

Another consideration is cost of more weight. For marginally improved performance/efficiency/flexibility it seems like a shitty tradeoff.

The livery looks amazing. Can't wait for MotoGP this year!

Water injection is not new Chev had water injection working way back got it up to about 30 percent I believe.

^^^^^^^^^^^^£^£

1940s for the Supercharged Rolls Royce P v12s if I remember correctly.

^^^^^^^^^^^^£^£

1940s for the Supercharged Rolls Royce P v12s if I remember correctly.

shoudnt we be talking about at least daimler Benz's RR!????(they were TWIN supercharged btw the second one chimed in at higher alitudes or if the pilot pushed the throttle"through the gate"

we are finally seeing aircraft tech dribbling down to BMWs.

Lots of aircraft tech has made its way into the automotive world .. inconel turbo materials etc :) yet to see staged compressors yet hehe

Aircraft use water injection for different reasons , usually to improve efficiency and add mass to the propelled gases ,

not to manage combustion and charge temperature which is what turbo'd internal combustion engines generally use it for.

in piston engined aircraft its pretty much used to control detonation and allows them to run higher power especially for take off and emergency situations.