Sign in to follow this  
Nats

E90 - halogen no angel eyes to UHP LED Angel Eyes

Hi all,

I have a 2006 BMW 320i E90 pre-facelift model (pre-LCI) with halogen lamps and no angel eye rings and I wanted to upgrade to the best possible angel eyes set up.

With a bit of research I have found that the entire lighting unit will need to be replaced and after talking to fishcake on ebay about the DEPO P90 V2 part - he mentioned that the only part compatible with the halogen factory set up were:

https://www.uniquestyleracings.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=157&search=e90+headlight (from his website)

Has anyone used this particular part before? (i've heard that condensation can be an issue due to build quality and that they usually don't send you a new product and expect you to re-seal?)
Will it be plug n play with my E90 / no ring halogen set up?

Any coding required for errors, etc. or other parts I will need to buy? (apart from the bulbs)

Any places in Auckland that will do the installation + coding etc? - BM Workshop has said they don't do it

PS. I've included a picture of my current lights.

Thanks in advance,

Arjun

post-52295-0-99023000-1424910069_thumb.j

Edited by Nats

Hey man,

I haven't had an e90 but have a little experience with depos on an e46.

Generally depos are 'ok' but yes there is likely going to be condensation buildup. Thid is due to the build quality of the seals. Also the light cutoff is generally crap.

It should be plug and play and I am taking a guess that the angel eyes replace the e90s normal DRLs (I could be wrong) and I would be initially inclined to think that it would throw errors if they are LED but they may have mitigated against that these days.

I had a look on umnitzas website to see if they had clipon ones but they don't appear to specifically for the e90.

Two last things. First, pairing the yellow of the halogen low beams with white led rings look odd. Up to you how you'd feel about it but just something to consider. You can get 'white' halogen bulbs but you lose output.

Second, and most importantly, ensure they can be used in RHD cars. Some depos have a cutoff switch which reverses the pattern but would be useless without.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.