Sign in to follow this  
DelFuego

525 Touring, Akl

Hey team,

I have recently purchased a tidy (looking) 1994, E34 525TDS. it has a few issues, mainly ones that can be solved with replacement overnight parts from Germany... Anyway will get onto that, the lack of any acceleration is making me angry.

Otherwise she is a bloody beauty!

20150215_160520.jpg

20150215_160455.jpg

and if anyone has a towbar for one of these beasties I would love to take it off your hands!! :)

Welcome!

I think I remember seeing this on trade me a while back

Welcome Vince,

I had 2 factory towbars for both of my E34's, to the dump they both went. Pity. Nice looking wagon. TDS, cant be many of those around?

• Like 1

I miss my e36 tds, so cheap to run and reasonable power for an old diesel. super reliable. still hoping one day to re-shell or find the right colour donor car for the panels I need.

Has the hose between your turbo and intercooler cracked in the elbow? They're very slow and smoke lots when that happens. especially towing a boat back from the far north. How ever it is handy for when a gaggle of pedalfiles decide it is OK to ride in a giant clump blocking the entire lane and also move over into the oncoming lane when it is safe for you to get past... several kilometers later and finally able to get past, I just happened to have to shift down to first gear as there may have been a slight hill and I did have a boat on the back... foot flat to the floor and beautiful plumes of black diesel smoke goodness filling my rear view mirror.. It was a lovely long hill. Awesome days fishing :)

Welcome Vince,

I had 2 factory towbars for both of my E34's, to the dump they both went. Pity. Nice looking wagon. TDS, cant be many of those around?

This makes me very sad! No one has them in stock and i am unkeen to pay $900 or more for a one off :/

I miss my e36 tds, so cheap to run and reasonable power for an old diesel. super reliable. still hoping one day to re-shell or find the right colour donor car for the panels I need.

Has the hose between your turbo and intercooler cracked in the elbow? They're very slow and smoke lots when that happens. especially towing a boat back from the far north. How ever it is handy for when a gaggle of pedalfiles decide it is OK to ride in a giant clump blocking the entire lane and also move over into the oncoming lane when it is safe for you to get past... several kilometers later and finally able to get past, I just happened to have to shift down to first gear as there may have been a slight hill and I did have a boat on the back... foot flat to the floor and beautiful plumes of black diesel smoke goodness filling my rear view mirror.. It was a lovely long hill. Awesome days fishing :)

haha no... well, probably not.

No smoke at all.

Current issue seems to be a vacuum pipe which the map sensor is connected to, and the map sensor. nobody seems to have either in stock and are all ex-germany... I want something now damnit, gimme my power! lol

See if the suspect part number is the same as the 325tds, you're welcome to come and try see if swapping the map sensor over fixes your issue before splashing out to buy a new one and find its not the problem.

• Like 1

Choice looking car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Many thanks! :D

Parts that I think I need ordered... hopefully I will be boosting around (and have brakes back to full function) in no time/4-6 weeks

This is the height she should be...

20150313_115405.jpg

unfortunately this is just due to a full load of firewood haha #workhorse