Sign in to follow this  
Lemieux_66

540i Muffler delete

HI all,

Just wondering if anyone here knows someone that could hook a brother up with a muffler delete for my E39 540i Msport.

Don't really want to spend a bunch of cash on exhaust work, but just want to be able to hear the V8 under the hood.

I've heard a lot of people say get a good tone and no exhaust drone if they just delete the muffler and leave the resonators etc in.

Location is Grey Lynn, Auckland

could do it :) Give me a txt on 02102916373

FWIW I got my muffler delete from Woolf Mufflers, not 10 minutes from you. So he has to cut it off, and replace it with some straight pipes, welding it to the original brackets. One of the best weight savings I have done.

Sounds good I guess, its not that high polished tingle you get from spending thousands on remus etc, but its acceptable, and to my ears nicer than the way too quiet standard. Mines an E34, but I am guessing the changes would be similar.

He put some tips on too and painted the pipes black so from the outside you would be none the wiser.