Sign in to follow this  
jeffbebe

Bayswater Auto Show

Good to see a few Bimmers at the Bayswater Auto Show yesterday. They decided to go ahead despite the TC warnings and it was a good decision. The whole event was done and dusted with nary a spot of rain, just a bit of a breeze.

We managed to get six 8ers there - not bad but it's a pity we didn't manage to get some of the more colourful ones around (Neil's Dakar 840 and Wayne's Atlantis 840 spring to mine!). Good to see a few from the Euro Car Club there too.

A couple of pics from the day and more here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/97854197@N07/sets/72157650955833509/

Peter Farmiloe's 850csi, 'Stella' leading the charge. Stella was born at Dingolfing exactly 21 years ago yesterday and has barely reached 30,000kms. Fair to say she's mint. I've also heard she may be up for sale soon... Might be time to remortgage the house!

16800906986_c2dcb82474_c.jpg

The little girl in this pic is completely mesmerised by the beauty and cleanliness of my engine bay. She has good taste.

16825711651_5f2737c717_c.jpg

5, 6, 8... Just missing a 7.

16204435494_0542f9c394_c.jpg

Amber's UK rust bucket.

16640685979_81af9de864_c.jpg

Pretty happy with how the Kaiser is looking now... Could almost (but not quite) argue she doesn't need the csi bodykit I've got in the shed.

16800943846_d1c7b94977_c.jpg

Yes.

16825756921_99d14ef470_c.jpg

You can see the standard diffuser that was removed on mine to make way for a tow bar...

16640712459_123804a524_c.jpg

But I do prefer the csi diffuser...

16640713979_0135d64a96_c.jpg

16206874783_912d8864d1_c.jpg

Edited by jeffbebe
  • Like 5

They all look very awesome, i like the CSi!

does anyone do aftermarket talklights for these?

i dont mean some wanky looking thing, but something similar in style to facelift E39, X5 etc with the neon tubes or whatever they are would look really good in my head, have always thought the stock ones are the the only thing that detracts from the overall cars look

There is a company in the states that makes bespoke LED E31 lights but they're outrageously expensive. Don't know of others. TBH, I love the lights! I think the make the back end rather than detract. Also a good design when lit - they look pretty modern.

I've seen some attempts at smoked ones, or clear indicators, on the US boards... And they all look terrible. OE all the way!!

Edited by jeffbebe

or even an eyelid that went across both lights and the plate space so it looked more e34 like at the back

Not sure I follow? To make the lights look like one long strip? I think that would look pretty dated (like an 80s US coupe)... Also, why would I want it to look more like an E34? haha!

ill make a photo shop when i get home later haha

• Like 1

Gorgeous, all of them. Although, i do have to say i think i prefer the E31 body in dark colors rather than light.

@jooles > check out the TM tread I just started....

Mmm that blue 840ci looks top notch, especially with those style 5s.

I was going to come along to this but priorities were upheld.

@jooles > check out the TM tread I just started....

Replied... Not genuine unfortunately, so just an over-priced 850i.

Mmm that blue 840ci looks top notch, especially with those style 5s.

I was going to come along to this but priorities were upheld.

Yep, Carlos' 840 is in great nick. Has the two tone black/blue interior which doesn't really float my boat but certainly stands out.

• Like 1

or even an eyelid that went across both lights and the plate space so it looked more e34 like at the back

Could-You-Not-Meme-Girl-Gif-During-The-C

• Like 1

Haha, wait, like this?

Oh my..

• Like 1

The rear tail lights are an E31 signature. Hard to improve them I think!

Still, if It came out stock like that it wouldn't have been a big deal given it would have matched the E34 / E32 rear light style, slightly.

No that is ugly and a crime of epic proportions!!

Haha, wait, like this?

Oh my..

Are any of these 8s the ones that Ian and Jimmy Ross bought back from holiday in Europe in the old days? They own my workplace and I was being told how one got damaged not long into the Euro trip so instead of getting it fixed he bought another one and kept going