Sign in to follow this  
BIMNUTE60

N62 - 545I Transfer pipe

Ladies and Gentlemen,

Ok so as some of you may have guessed i have a E60 545I. currently everyweek i am having to top up my coolant by at least 1tr, there is the apperance of liquid and dried antifreeze coming from the small drain hole to the top left of the water pump. My best guess is the Cooland Transfer Pipe seal has failed and getting worse. I have read the horror stories online about the 3K+ repair bill to have this fixed, i've been on Ebay and looking to get one of the many third party repair kits.

My question is has anyone done this repair, maybe purchased a kit and can offer some advise or knows of a local NZ company that has these kits or even has purchased a kit and didn't use it.

Any suggestions, advise or even some direction is greatly appreciated.

I see you are on the coast, get hold of Hell BM in Silverdale. They are a sponsor and Ray @ Hell is extremely knowledgeable and won't take you for a ride. Would suggest getting a consult with him before you go eBay buying or Internet diagnosing.

• Like 1

I see you are on the coast, get hold of Hell BM in Silverdale. They are a sponsor and Ray @ Hell is extremely knowledgeable and won't take you for a ride. Would suggest getting a consult with him before you go eBay buying or Internet diagnosing.

Daneil,

Thank you for the information and the contact, i will get in touch with him and see what he has to say and offer. Thank you.