Sign in to follow this  
E30 325i Rag-Top

Would you date someone because of what car they drive?

Something I have always wondered is whether the car someone drives would have an affect on who they date?

For example, would you date a hot lady if she had a PoS Toyota Corolla? Or the other way around maybe, a not so hot chick if she had the latest M3?

You already know my answer I think Jon. Currently Sam's car is faster than mine.

• Like 2

``/*--/+/*7`9

I think you broke Matt.......

I'm easy, if it is a good looking girl in a shitbox, I look at the girl. If shes not-to-hot and in the latest m3, I'm in it for the money, and the m3.

• Like 1

Something I have always wondered is whether the car someone drives would have an affect on who they date?

For example, would you date a hot lady if she had a PoS Toyota Corolla? Or the other way around maybe, a not so hot chick if she had the latest M3?

Got pics?

• Like 2

Got pics?

LoL - this is more a 'theoretical' question, rather than an actual example Westy.

I know I have (many, many moons ago) finished with someone because they sold their car - after I spent ages fixing the bloody thing up, and so they could then use me as a taxi service. Also pretty sure that me having some pretty cool cars helped swing the decision with some chicks who were above my league..

Was wondering if it was just me..

• Like 1

If they had an interest in cars that is just a bonus. What's more is that they would make the effort to share in my interests and understand them. Their ride doesn't matter at all.

I date a lot. Well thanks to Tinder and Facebook stalking, maybe a couple of women a week.

I am a car snob and do judge women on what they drive and how they maintain their cars, there is a normally a direct correlation to how tidy a girls car is and how tidy she is, in terms of maintenance, waxing, hair, make up etc..... there is also a correlation between how ambitious she is and what she drives, I have found women with nicer cars are more driven, excuse the pun.

But, TBH, dirty girls with dirty cars are often a lot more fun, normally relaxed and less self conscious = awesome fun and easy.

So.

I would date a chick with a crap car, but I would not plan on marriage, nor would I take her home to mother.

f**k. Im lost now... Ideally you want both.

Im staying single.

Side note, I tend to date a lot of women with Suzuki Swifts and annoying small dogs.

I appreciate a women who can drive stick.

I also like women who own cars with proximity keys.

• Like 6

If a girl is good enough to drive my car and has a full license, thats good enough for me.

I drive a 1.2 litre hatchback with comprehensive insurance. That way, my date can get me drunk, drive me home, and take advantage of me. I don't judge.

In all sober situations a women should never be driving. It's safer that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

it definitely seems to help guys pickup, A mate with a nice corvette has on more than one occasion come back to his car to find women knickers slotted thru the window and notes

I date a lot. Well thanks to Tinder and Facebook stalking, maybe a couple of women a week.

I am a car snob and do judge women on what they drive and how they maintain their cars, there is a normally a direct correlation to how tidy a girls car is and how tidy she is, in terms of maintenance, waxing, hair, make up etc..... there is also a correlation between how ambitious she is and what she drives, I have found women with nicer cars are more driven, excuse the pun.

But, TBH, dirty girls with dirty cars are often a lot more fun, normally relaxed and less self conscious = awesome fun and easy.

So.

I would date a chick with a crap car, but I would not plan on marriage, nor would I take her home to mother.

f**k. Im lost now... Ideally you want both.

Im staying single.

Side note, I tend to date a lot of women with Suzuki Swifts and annoying small dogs.

I appreciate a women who can drive stick.

I also like women who own cars with proximity keys.

My SO drives a Swift with a proximity key. Yussss. Clearly doing something right.

• Like 2

As long as they have a car and can drive I think its somewhat irrelevant.

Its those without a car or a license that are the lepers! Avoid.

• Like 3

Down to the lady

Met my wifei in the 80s. Was driving an e21 323i at the time. In the days when BMWs were hens teeth and price wise second hand e90 M3 in today's money.

She could understand why I'd spent so much money something that gets you from a to b ( she had an early Datsun 1600 then, had a 600cc motorcycle and sky dived on weekends)

It took me 15 years before she owned one her self.We've been together 25.

Moral of the story. Chics don't give an F about what you drive. If your impressed by her car then you might be limiting your field.

A Ducati on the other hand ........

Edited by Neal
  • Like 1

My gf has told me on more than one occasion that she wouldn't be dating me if I had a sh*t car. As for her, as long as it's reliable, or at least enjoyable to work on, then I'm happy. She just got a company car, brand new lease so I'm pretty happy, more spanner time for my own car(s)

Edited by huff3r

Really? Have never known a car to pull a women, there is always more to the story. Ie, women see the driver of a flash car as someone who is financially secure and can potentially provide for them... this is what pulls certain types. Women won't sleep with you based on what you drive. Key word women. Girls might.

In terms of answering the OP. I would say no. I would not date a women based on what she drove, it may get my attention, I would ask her about the car, but would not date a boring women or princess based on her flash car.. Perhaps even avoid a car chick, well a chick that drives a car to look cool... They are normally Tom boys or just as insecure as the type of guys who drive flashy cars.

I have dated women who co-drive rally cars though, they are normally cool, but that's more about the sport and the thrill of speed than the car itself.

Interesting topic.

• Like 2

Really? Have never known a car to pull a women, there is always more to the story. Ie, women see the driver of a flash car as someone who is financially secure and can potentially provide for them... this is what pulls certain types. Women won't sleep with you based on what you drive. Key word women. Girls might.

In terms of answering the OP. I would say no. I would not date a women based on what she drove, it may get my attention, I would ask her about the car, but would not date a boring women or princess based on her flash car.. Perhaps even avoid a car chick, well a chick that drives a car to look cool... They are normally Tom boys or just as insecure as the type of guys who drive flashy cars.

I have dated women who co-drive rally cars though, they are normally cool, but that's more about the sport and the thrill of speed than the car itself.

Interesting topic.

Who was that model ( miss Wellington ) that drives rally cars ?

Kibble was the name. Very modest person considering driving ability.

I did know girls many years ago that would go out with the guy purely on what car they had.

They were only good for a tap and gap though.

• Like 2

My wife had a sh*t car when I meet her. But she raced a YZ125..... rather well too I might add!

• Like 1

The golddigger pranks on youtube make for interesting viewing.

Guy asks girl out. Girl says no. Guy walks up to Bugatti and girl suddenly becomes more interested.

For those who say a car doesn't make a difference I'd say check out these vids.

Yeah, certainly seen it happen that way round - gold digger Barbie impressed by expensive cars. Was wondering more if it happened the other way around - especially with car guys, would they date a chick with a crap car?

When I were a lad, there were zero girls into the car scene and only a few ho-bags that wanted the back seat ride.

Car wouldn't be a problem. Those God awful family stickers on the back would be a deal breaker though.

• Like 10

I think all a cool car says about the chick behind the wheel is they share a similar passion as yourselves, so you already have some common interests.

Hence it is a positive. On the same coin cool car ownership isn't a guarantee the owner is equally as cool.

For what it's worth my wife drove a pos cavalier when I met her. God I got her to sell that as soon as I could.