Sign in to follow this  
Snowflake

My new (to me) 2008 135i

After many months of patiently waiting for a 6-spd manual low km 135i to pop up for sale I finally got my hands on one a couple of weeks ago!

I was looking for a car that was 6-spd, sunroof, less than 75k and NOT BLACK and came across this - my sedona red 135i. Ideally would've preferred a 2009 but can't be too picky!

So far I have ordered some 18" VMR 710's rims with Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2 tyres from the US as the run flats need replacing and may as well may it look good at the same time! Won't arrive for another 6-8wks though due to LA port congestion. Thought about ordering some performance parts too (intake, exhaust, downpipes, charge pipe, intercooler, cobb V3) to add on to the shipment but thought better and will just take my time before jumping into mods

If anyone knows where I can get the idrive changed to NZ (maps and radio) that would help a lot!

post-52035-0-69321900-1427148164.jpg

post-52035-0-26704800-1427148181.jpg

post-52035-0-87448400-1427148193.jpg

post-52035-0-72006200-1427148198.jpg

Edited by Snowflake
  • Like 3

Very nice! Great colour. Never seen one like that before.. much shaper than the usual black or silver

Those VMRs will look the part!

I bet these things are a handful in the wet! Pumped to see it on the new wheels dude!

Radio is all world. Nav needs a hardware change. Check with Joe@Eurosurgeon

Wow wow wow! What an awesome little car!

Nice looking ride, haven't seen many in that colour!

Watch out for that modification bug ! :D - would suggest getting a walnut blast done on the intakes before turning up the HP

• Like 1

Very nice! Great colour. Never seen one like that before.. much shaper than the usual black or silver

Those VMRs will look the part!

Yea I can't stand black especially on a car that has so many curves and nice lines as the 135. Only seen one other same colour as mine and that was auto

VMR's are very popular in the US on these cars for good reason - they look awesome i reckon! The sales rep helped out a lot as well so can't wait for them to get here

I bet these things are a handful in the wet! Pumped to see it on the new wheels dude!

Indeed! No more than 1/4 throttle in 2nd at any intersection i've found haha. Hence the new sticky tires though (although likely not much better in the wet)

We can sort your idrive no issue, 10% discount for members

Will PM thanks

Wow wow wow! What an awesome little car!

Thanks mate - pretty stoked about it - my first bmw and its amazing so far

Watch out for that modification bug ! :D - would suggest getting a walnut blast done on the intakes before turning up the HP

Cheers - I've booked it in for a service at BM Workshop to go over everything thoroughly before I start with any mods. I wanna get Ross to check out condition of HPFP, turbos, intakes etc before I start tinkering. It came with a transferrable mechanical warranty thats good for the next 2 years which will be voided if I mod as well so have to keep that in mind if something costly is on its way out

Although i'm so keen on an AA exhaust to hear more of that lovely straight 6 engine note!

Walnut blast??? Sounds like something you'd get 'done' at a beauty salon :P

noiiice ! I used to get so many parking tickets in that apartments parking bay if your first pic is in Parnell where I think it is :lol:

and blacks not bad

• Like 1

Cheers - I've booked it in for a service at BM Workshop to go over everything thoroughly before I start with any mods. I wanna get Ross to check out condition of HPFP, turbos, intakes etc before I start tinkering. It came with a transferrable mechanical warranty thats good for the next 2 years which will be voided if I mod as well so have to keep that in mind if something costly is on its way out

Although i'm so keen on an AA exhaust to hear more of that lovely straight 6 engine note!

You'll be in good hands , Ross has pretty much done all the modification installs for mine

in hindsight with the exhaust , I would probably get the BMW performance mufflers and then fabricate/buy the pipes here, to the downpipes - nice thing with the AA exhaust was it was a complete set

noiiice ! I used to get so many parking tickets in that apartments parking bay if your first pic is in Parnell where I think it is :lol:

and blacks not bad

They must've let up on the parking monitoring as I have been there 2yrs and not received any! There is the tow truck that scouts out anybody not parked correctly - i.e. outside their garage - every few days though!

Black isn't bad but not the best ;P

They must've let up on the parking monitoring as I have been there 2yrs and not received any! There is the tow truck that scouts out anybody not parked correctly - i.e. outside their garage - every few days though!

Black isn't bad but not the best ;P

i had a pretty shady looking '03 318ti at the time though. was probably that :ph34r::lol:

Anyone you recommend to do a walnut blasting job in Auckland, I have N54 with 143,000 on it. Shame I read about this the day after I had Jerry Claytons replace the HPFP last Tuesday, everything was there and ready to go.

Got some tints for my car, really happy with the new look.

Wheels and tyres arriving next week so should hopefully be looking better in time for the next Cars n Coffee meet up!

Before:

post-52035-0-62912500-1431921198.jpg

After:

post-52035-0-28297300-1431921208.jpg

• Like 3

Yea I can't stand black especially on a car that has so many curves and nice lines as the 135. Only seen one other same colour as mine and that was auto

VMR's are very popular in the US on these cars for good reason - they look awesome i reckon! The sales rep helped out a lot as well so can't wait for them to get here

Indeed! No more than 1/4 throttle in 2nd at any intersection i've found haha. Hence the new sticky tires though (although likely not much better in the wet)

Will PM thanks

Thanks mate - pretty stoked about it - my first bmw and its amazing so far

Re Exhaust in the meantime disconnect the flapper valve, so both pipes are open. It makes a significant change. That mod plus cats out is enough for most, and people have regretted going more than that

• Like 1

Re Exhaust in the meantime disconnect the flapper valve, so both pipes are open. It makes a significant change. That mod plus cats out is enough for most, and people have regretted going more than that

Love my after market exhaust, stock one was way to quiet for my taste

If I was going to do the exhaust again

• If I could justify the $5K US price tag for the Akrapovic
  • BMW Performance mufflers + pipes sourced locally here

Love my after market exhaust, stock one was way to quiet for my taste

If I was going to do the exhaust again

• If I could justify the $5K US price tag for the Akrapovic
  • BMW Performance mufflers + pipes sourced locally here

I remember talking to Josh at the meet up and hasn't he gone the route where he removed the cats and that is it? I can't recall the sound when he drove away though so might have to have another chat next meet up perhaps

Get a fabricator to do some stainless pipes and just pop on a remus or supersprint mid and back box. Will sound great and give good top end performance, Or just grab a HSV second hand mid straight through muffler (stainless) this is what I did ,with Remus rear .. works a treat

• Like 1

Collected my new wheels yesterday 2mths after ordering - happy days! VMR 710 in hyper silver with Goodyear Eagle Asymmetric 2's.

Will fit them Saturday morning hoping that the sun is shining so I can go for a bit of a cruise afterwards! Is there a break-in period with new tyres that I should be aware of?

post-52035-0-30551100-1433380744.jpg

• Like 5

Saw an identical 135i hot footing up Richmond Rd a couple nights ago. Was it you? If so, slow down ;)